BCBS thread and a PM I got.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jon

New User
Jon Todd
I edited his post when my 8 year old Nephew saw it and read Bull Shi*. I just deleted the BS part and then I got this. I stand behind my delete. HEre is the PM and my response.

Re: Post Edited
Quote:
Originally Posted by junquecol
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtodd71
Hi junquecol,

The post that you created in the following thread has been edited

-----
Post: Last summer while in hospital, BCBS of NC canceled my insura...
Thread: Rewarded by BCBS of NC

Reason:
-----

Please direct any questions as to the reason for this action to the sender by replying to this message.

John, I thought the forum was "get it off your chest" I guess that I'm not in the "approved crowd " here at NC woodworker, so my feeling aren't to be considered! Again and completely, BS is bull ****! Same as moderators deleting some individuals posts and not others. Look at Alan's post on the worth of his planer. It did not belong in the power tools, but in the classified instead. Did anyone move it- NO! I guess he is in the " approved crowd." Last night I got a private message from another poster complaining about the fact that some posts are deleted while others aren't. Is it specific to one individual, are to all? Be totally consistent in deleting posts. Bruce

I Never delete a post. I may change what it says or edit out what I feel is bad language. It is just as easy to say something without cursing. I'm sorry if it made you mad. I didn't see that Alan was posting the planer for sale he was asking what is it Worth? He may already have a buyer away from the forum that told him just figure out how much and I will buy it. Again I didn't do it because I knew who it was if it would have been Alan I would delete it out of his also.

www.98esten.com

DaveO

New User
DaveO
I agree with Mike, that was the right thing to do, and well within your authority as a Mod.
Bruce just needs to put on his Big Girl Panties and realize he was out of line.
Your PM reply was very appropriate and correct also.
Dave:)

Jon

New User
Jon Todd
If he keeps on posting BS in his thread I feel that is the same as spelling it out. I will leave it alone because its not my forum to moderate but I hate going to a forum and seeing that. He has put it out there a couple of times in that thread.

ChrisMathes

New User
Chris Mathes
Jon..you did the right thing. I would be happy to back you up and do the same thing, if you see it again and want someone else to take action....just pm me if necessary.

Regards,
Chris

clowman

Clay Lowman
Corporate Member
I agree Jon, I can see his anger, but he does have to keep in mind. Family site... family site....

sapwood

New User
Roger
:eusa_dancI'm getting good at being off line when the mischief begins, especially in my forum.

Jon, I'm grateful for your efforts to keep NCWWer the great place it is. IMO it's impossible to be 100% consistent as a group or individually. Inappropriate posts are often gray, not black and white. The "Auto Censor" negates many inappropriate words/phrases with asterisks but the context usually reveals what was typed. I don't find bull ***** particularly offensive, but I don't have an 8 year old looking over my shoulder either.

[pie]So I'm OK with your choice :icon_thum [/pie]

I have previously deleted Bruce's posts and he grumbled a bit. However, apparently you caught the brunt of months of frustration :-?

Anyway, his response was way out of line, your reply was entirely appropriate, and you have my full support.

Roger

Jon

New User
Jon Todd
Well I almost told him to Bite me but instead went with sugar instead of vinegar

clowman

Clay Lowman
Corporate Member
Good move Jon, just remember, we moderators should be viewed as the champions of the general membership. I think we do a good job of that, but you won't be able to please everyone all the time. Always remember you can kick it up the ladder to Me or Dave, or Steve if you need to.

cskipper

Cathy
Jon, you did well. Not everyone will be happy all the time, but it's that kind of effort that keeps the site family friendly.

Jon

New User
Jon Todd
I will be nice to a certain point But Bruce just seems like he is just carrying it to far.

Re: Moderator's duties
Quote:
John, look at the Hot Deals forum which you are listed as the moderator. Look at Alan's post of his planer being listed on Craigslist. Heading for forum plainly states that no one is to post their for sale items, but this ad has been up for almost 24 hours now. What gives. Are some treated to different standards than others? This is nothing personal against Alan, as I think he is a VERY NICE PERSON. I enjoy his posts as much as anyone. Always seem to learn something new from him. Just seems unfair, especially after another member sent me a PM concerning the deletion of some posts. (This was before you edited mine.) If you have the ability to view my PM's please feel free to do so. Bruce Wrenn

Bruce Does it really matter? If it bothers you that much maybe we should start asking you where and what to post before we post. Where would you propose he put that post. He was simply letting others know he had it listed on Craigslist.
Stop being such a whiny baby.Any other problems you might have you can send to DaveO or Clowman Because Im Done with your pouting....

DaveO

New User
DaveO
I will be nice to a certain point But Bruce just seems like he is just carrying it to far.

Re: Moderator's duties
Quote:
John, look at the Hot Deals forum which you are listed as the moderator. Look at Alan's post of his planer being listed on Craigslist. Heading for forum plainly states that no one is to post their for sale items, but this ad has been up for almost 24 hours now. What gives. Are some treated to different standards than others? This is nothing personal against Alan, as I think he is a VERY NICE PERSON. I enjoy his posts as much as anyone. Always seem to learn something new from him. Just seems unfair, especially after another member sent me a PM concerning the deletion of some posts. (This was before you edited mine.) If you have the ability to view my PM's please feel free to do so. Bruce Wrenn

Bruce Does it really matter? If it bothers you that much maybe we should start asking you where and what to post before we post. Where would you propose he put that post. He was simply letting others know he had it listed on Craigslist.
Stop being such a whiny baby.Any other problems you might have you can send to DaveO or Clowman Because Im Done with your pouting....

Jon you were correct in telling Bruce to communicate his issues to either Clay or I, that is our role if need be. But you could have done it in a more tactful way :roll:
I would suggest that if you get any further PMs from Bruce on this subject that you just forward them to Clay or I, and let it drop. It's gonna turn into name calling.

Jon

New User
Jon Todd
I agree I could have used a little more tact on that one. He caught me at a really bad time. Let me explain.

I am adopted and My true Sister and I have a bad relationship because she continues to try and hurt my parents with verbal and mental abuse. (The parents are the ones who adopted us) I jsut got a call from My Mom who told me My Sister called and said she wasnt coming for Christmas because she had found our real parents and was going to spend Christmas with her real family. It upset my Mom and Dad really bad. I was still fuming over that when I answered him. I am Sending Bruce an apology PM and explaining why to him also.

Normal Jon would have not answered that and just sent it to higher powers but I took my anger out on him.

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Completely understood Jon. Wow, your sister, I don't know what to say other than that's really cold.
I am sorry to hear about the situation.

Jon

New User
Jon Todd
Yep she has really got issues.

Heres what I just sent Bruce...

Let me explain and apologize
Bruce I didn't mean to respond to you that way. I am Sorry that was not very nice, Let me explain.

I am adopted me and My Sister were adopted by Mom and Dad when we were 1 and 2 years old. My Sister went down a bad road and has decided to hurt Mom and Dad when she gets the chance. She Did something to really hurt them Today and I had just found out about it when I sent my response to you.

truth is I volunteer to try and help on NCWW. I don't know exactly what should be what and when sometimes something should be moved or not. I try and use my best judgment. I don't want to make anyone mad or hurt anyones feelings, ever thats just not how I am. I don't have any favorites on here. As far as My editing BS out of your post, that was Where my Nephew was reading over my shoulder and read and Said BS except he Said Bull Sh.. I now have custody of him and he has a very bad cursing habit he got from his Dad. Now I am stuck with trying to change that. I'm sorry if that made you mad.

I'm not going to catch everything on NCWW as a member if you see something that needs attention please feel free to bring it to my attention or any of the other Mods or Admins. We all just want this to be a fun Forum where we can all be a friendly and Family woodworking forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS