Bandsaw Photos

Status
Not open for further replies.

genejohnson

New User
Eugene Johnson
To anyone concerned, I have placed a few photos of the saw resoration in my album in the photo gallery. They are in no particular order, just ones that were easy to upload at the time. If you want an explanation of any photo or have any questions, I'll try to answer them the best that I can. Hope you enjoy them. Thanks, Gene

Travis Porter

Travis
Corporate Member
That looks like a very well built machine. Unfortunately, it looks like you have a lot of rust to clean up.

D L Ames

New User
D L Ames
Gene, are those misc parts and wheel new or are those ones you have refurbished? They look great.

D L

Steve D

Steve DeWeese
Gene,

Nice job on the restoration so far. I'm assuming it is a Walker Turner from the label in the one picture and the Boice Crane miter gauge looks awesome. The top should clean up nicely with a lot of elbow grease. You could go with electrolysis on it if it is too stuborn but it doesn't look that bad in the picture. I had pretty good luck on my jointer beds scraping with a razor first then using scotch brite on my random orbital sander with WD40. Once I got it clean and smooth I waxed it and it came out great.

genejohnson

New User
Eugene Johnson
Thanks for the interest guys, I'll try to answer your questions and comments at one time.

Steve D, I cleaned the table top same way you did,except that I used steel wool and WD-40 to get the kind of patina that I like.

D l Ames, all the parts are original to the machine with the exception of the Boise Craine Miter Gauge and I'm not sure about that. It could be original or not? Anyone with comments?

Travis Porter, it took a lot of wire brushing, sanding, Filler then more sanding to get the items seen to the stage they are in. The hardest part is going to be the main c-frame itself! It is a hollow cast iron casting and there is a lot of cruddy rust inside. It will probably be left inside because I don't have the means to transport and can't afford to have it dipped to remove it.

I will keep you updated on my progress and I welcome any comments,critique or suggestions now or in the future. I welcome all the help I can get. Thanks, Gene

T

toolferone

Very cool! I can't wait to see it done. I will need to put an old tool restoration on my list of things to do someday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS