Bandsaw parts...where can I get them?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MikeH

New User
Mike
As many of you know I was given and Delta/Rockwell bandsaw by a friend of mine. I need to replace a few parts, but I am having a hard time finding them. The model number is 29-100. The parts that I need are 2 blade support bearings. The part number for the bearings is 426-01-380-0002.

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Wildwood

New User
Wildwood
If you need more help, might try Louis Iturra at Iturra Design.

No web site, just call 888-722-7078 and ask for a copy of his Bandsaw Accessory Catalog. He can also give plenty of advice on old Delta's.

MikeH

New User
Mike
If you need more help, might try Louis Iturra at Iturra Design.

No web site, just call 888-722-7078 and ask for a copy of his Bandsaw Accessory Catalog. He can also give plenty of advice on old Delta's.

Thanks for the info Wildwood. I think I've got all the parts ordered that I need. At least for now, but I will keep the information.

junquecol

Bruce
Senior User
If you are looking for blade guide bearings , VXB.com will sell ten (10) for less than $20. Because they are on the west coast, delivery takes about a week. Be sure and order sealed bearings.

Last edited by a moderator:

Wildwood

New User
Wildwood
Junquecol, thanks for the VXB link. Didn’t know could buy skateboard bearings for my G0555 bandsaw. The upper and lower blade guide bearings use 608ZZ skateboard bearings. Grizzly charged me $5.00 each for two bearings plus shipping. While could buy the exact same bearings from VXB for $0.59 each, going to try their sealed bearing of the same size for $4.95 each.

Have to agree with Louis Iturra has to say about sealed vice shielded bearings on a bandsaw. Shielded bearings don’t last that long. Think my lower guide bearings just suck in dust. My new Grizzly bearing didn’t last, have to keep removing clean and fuss with one for it to work..

If you want to add bearings to a Delta 14 inch band saw would recommend you look into Iturra’s Bandrollers saw blade guides for $58.00. (2005 catalog price) Only have to remove your original metal or cool rub blocks to install them. If you need to run smaller blades ¼ " or less just pop out bandrollers reinstall your cool blocks. Both Iturra and Carter say you can run 1/8" blades with their bearing guides but, that not true for all people.

JMHO, if my saw didn’t already come equipped with bearings, wouldn’t change to them.

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Junquecol, thanks for the VXB link. Didn’t know could buy skateboard bearings for my G0555 bandsaw. The upper and lower blade guide bearings use 608ZZ skateboard bearings. Grizzly charged me $5.00 each for two bearings plus shipping. While could buy the exact same bearings from VXB for $0.59 each, going to try their sealed bearing of the same size for $4.95 each.

Have to agree with Louis Iturra has to say about sealed vice shielded bearings on a bandsaw. Shielded bearings don’t last that long. Think my lower guide bearings just suck in dust. My new Grizzly bearing didn’t last, have to keep removing clean and fuss with one for it to work..

Well, I have to throw my thanks in here also. I just learned a few things that I didn't know as I have the same problem with one of the lower guide bearings on my Griz. 0555Z. I have to look into ordering some skateboard bearings.
Dave:)

junquecol

Bruce
Senior User

If you want to add bearings to a Delta 14 inch band saw would recommend you look into Iturra’s Bandrollers saw blade guides for $58.00. (2005 catalog price) Only have to remove your original metal or cool rub blocks to install them. If you need to run smaller blades ¼ " or less just pop out bandrollers reinstall your cool blocks. Both Iturra and Carter say you can run 1/8" blades with their bearing guides but, that not true for all people.

JMHO, if my saw didn’t already come equipped with bearings, wouldn’t change to them.
Wish I could take credit for being a "house of knowledge" but someone at NC Woodworker posted about VBX some time ago. Luckly for me I added it to my favorites list, so I could/ would remember them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS