Bandsaw help near Spruce Pine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mark Stewart

New User
Mark
Is there anyone who lives near me with a band saw willing to do a bit of cutting to help me with a project?. I have finally gotten started on a violin case of sorts but need some band saw help.

Thanks

ehpoole

Administrator
Ethan
If you get truly lost and find yourself in upstate SC I would be happy to help, but you will have to be very lost to call that nearby.

I wish you all the best and I am happy to see members reaching out for help from one another as that is one of the greatest strengths of being a part of a greater group. Fingers crossed that somebody nearby with a bandsaw will step forward to help out.

In the meantime, you may wish to elaborate a little on your project needs as to what sort of cutting depth or curve radius and any particular blade requirements, resawing, or other needs you have to ensure you connect with someone who has an appropriate sized bandsaw and/or skills. Also whether you need other assistance such as jointing, planing, or sanding said lumber after sawing.

Mark Stewart

New User
Mark
I would if I knew any of this. This as are all my projects kind of floating in the empty space they call my head. First I should say that its more like a viola case than violin.
attachment.php
The overall shape of this case will be similar to this with the width at the bottom around 15" and the top around 6". I'm no good at slopes or angles so I'm not sure. My thought is to make this out of Spruce and veneer it. the straight sides will be easy enough. as for the bottom and top radiuses, I have decided to stack cut and glue spruce if worst comes to worst I can probably do it on my scroll saw. (I am hoping not). So far this is as far as I have gotten. And BTw I am a frequent visitor to the Up State (Son lives in Greer and daughter in Columbia a.k.a the hottest place on earth)

Attachments

• case.jpg
    case.jpg
    143.9 KB · Views: 147

sawman101

Bruce Swanson
Corporate Member
I'm just south of Newton and about 3 miles off US 321. If you still need help, give me a shout. And we can turn it into lunch or dinner somewhere around Hickory.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS