Bandsaw blades made in NC

Status
Not open for further replies.

danmart77

Dan
Corporate Member
After getting several requests for a bandsaw blade maker on the Piedmont I thought it would be best to post his information here.

This is not a retail store, this is a place where a man makes bandsaw blades for everything from a Woodmizer to a small table top bs. He has over 25, 000 feet of blade material in rolls. I think he'll have what you need.

On a visit to his place in HP, Mark Johnson and I were given a lesson on how to make up a blade. Hopefully, you can get him to do a show and tell on your visit. We told him we would be sending along other NCWW types to his shop and he welcomed walk in visits. The man is 80 years old and he does have appointments to keep but a phone call will easily line things up before you arrive. He doesn't work with the internet too much.

I have used his bimetal resaw blades on my 20" delta to resaw about 300 foot of curly maple and the results are just great. The price of the blade was less than half of the cost from Lenox. He inspects and resharpens your blades even if its not one of his. He will let you know if its not worth the cost.

Imagine a guy who has made bandsaw blades for 50 years. He knows all the suppliers of good steel and told us that's really where the quality begins. I told him I was very happy with Lenox in the past and he acknowledged their stuff as being top quality but they are "too spread out" in his view.

The discussion we had with him about bimetal vs carbide was a surprise to me. He thinks you can get more cuts going the bimetal route with the cost factored in. If you are new to resaw work, he strongly encouraged us to use the bimetal and you won't see your carbide snap if you twist it. Talk with him and he'll try to guide you along based on what you need.

Remember- he's not selling routers in one breath and bandsaw blades in the next breath-- he does one thing... very well.

The man's name is Don. He and his wife keep the business going. You won't be disappointed when you get there. Talk with him and tell him what you need. Bring along any dull blades you have and see if he can sharpen them again. His prices are very low.

Don
2115 Shore St
High Point, NC 27263

336 434-2136

Good Luck

Pop Golden

New User
Pop
When you said made in NC I thought you were saying manufactured in NC not assembled in NC. I use Farris Belt & Saw here in Charlotte. They too have thousands of blade stock and make up whatever you need. Quick turnaround and good prices. Also make up sanding products to order both disc, belts and whatever. They sharpen saw and other blades. Sell circle, jig, scroll saw blades router bits all sizes and styles. And, best of all they're one heck of a bunch of nice folks.

Pop
:)

JackLeg

New User
Reggie
Precision Saw Works in Polkton, NC makes any type bandsaw blade from Lennox material. They also repair and sharpen all circular saw blades. Frank Curran is the owner and they are VERY reasonably priced. Give 'em a try!

:notworthy:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS