Band Aids

Richo B

Richo
Senior User
Blood gives the wood character. But I keep bandages close at hand in my chest of drawers tool box for accidents. Usually my cuts are from the wood itself, mainly plywood but the purple heart I've been working with is nasty concerning cuts and splinters.

Craptastic

Matt
Corporate Member
Back in the day I was a cabling contractor. While cuts and scrapes were almost a daily thing, you dare not bleed on the customer's premises. If you sliced something open with a hook knife or on some sharp metal it was an immediate reach to the back pocket where every cabler had a roll of electrical tape. A quick wrap and the a trip to the nearest can to see how bad it was. Then maybe some paper toweling and a rewrap with more tape till the bleeding stopped later.

A cablers bandage is electrical tape wrapped around paper toweling. Amazingly effective at stopping the flow of blood since you can use the elasticity of the electrical tape to apply various amounts of pressure as needed.

holcombej

jim
User
Ernie: I usually buy the Tru-Stay a couple of boxes at a time. Having done machining and fabrication for 38 years, ya learn what stops the bleeding.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS