Auto thread closing

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Are threads older than 3 months being automatically closed. I thought I would do some maintenance and close old threads but found that they had already been closed.
Dave:)

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member
Are threads older than 3 months being automatically closed. I thought I would do some maintenance and close old threads but found that they had already been closed.
Not that I know of. And I thought we were looking for threads that had no activity for 30 days

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Well, maybe it's been 3 months dince I went through the forums :eusa_doh:It was just interesting that they were closed up to exactly 3 months form today :5dunce:

I guess I'll be doing a little maint. tonight :icon_thum

Monty

New User
Monty
If it's really doing that, I think that's not a bad thing. Unless there is a strong feeling that 3 months is too long...

sapwood

New User
Roger
Per my remembrance of prior instructions, I close threads lacking activity after thirty days, excepting Stickies and threads referencing future events.

I noticed that two somewhat similiar threads, "Sad Day" were closed shortly after posting. Although I did not close them, a couple of possible reasons come to mind.

:5bullwhip Get to work Dave :mrgreen:
Roger

chris99z71

New User
Chris
I've been trying to keep on top of closing threads at or around 30 days. Unless items have been sold, sales have ended or offers expired, then I close them sooner if the thread starter doesn't beat me to it.

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member
One of these days I will make the thread closing automatic. It is very doable, but I've been a bit lazy about the site. Sorry.

sapwood

New User
Roger
Steve, I don't think you're lazy. Probably just weakened from a lack of real food :lol:

It only takes about 2 minutes a day for Mod to check/close the threads and rumors abound of a big pay raise coming up :mrgreen:

Roger

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS