assigning raffle ticket numbers

Status
Not open for further replies.

b4man

New User
Barbara
Who needs to assign numbers to the tickets sold @ Klingspor? Dennis sent me and Rob an excel spreadsheet w/ names and amounts.

Bas

Recovering tool addict
Bas
Corporate Member
There's no simple automated solution. The numbers have to be assigned manually, and someone will have to e-mail the numbers to the purchasers. In addition, I'll need to set a new starting number for the automated sales to ensure we skip the numbers already sold.

If someone can let me know how many tickets were sold at Klingspor, I can go ahead and reserve a block of numbers, and let you know what the starting sequence is for the Klingspor tickets.

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
In the past I purchased rolls of tickets from Staples. (Any office supply place carries them) The first ticket number was our start point. The tickets numbers assigned were based on that start number and assigned in order purchased. At the close of the raffle Rob and Joe would send me the last number sold and I would then tear the tickets off the roll and add them to the tub we used to draw from.

Not fancy or automatic but it worked.

Bas

Recovering tool addict
Bas
Corporate Member
In the past I purchased rolls of tickets from Staples. (Any office supply place carries them) The first ticket number was our start point. The tickets numbers assigned were based on that start number and assigned in order purchased. At the close of the raffle Rob and Joe would send me the last number sold and I would then tear the tickets off the roll and add them to the tub we used to draw from.

Not fancy or automatic but it worked.
That's exactly how we're doing it today. For the Spring raffle, we sold tickets online, and then did the final batch "in person" at the picnic. That's easy enough to do. But doing a set of manually sold tickets in parallel with online sales makes things a bit more challenging. Ideally, we'd have a way to enter these sales on the web site and record/ assign ticket numbers/ e-mail the numbers automatically, but you know how lazy our programming staff is. :gar-Bi

M

McRabbet

I already sent a PM to Barbara recommending how we handle the Mail-in Forms this Fall since they will come in during the earlier part of the Raffle rather than at the end as they do in the Spring with the Picnic sales coming after the online sales have closed. Dennis has a second roll of Blue Tickets that can be used and they have a different starting number than the one he has that we have designated for online sales. Barbara will be receiving mail-in forms from Dennis from Klingspor and I am mailing some from sales I made to WNCWA members at our Fall BBQ last Saturday. She will need to assign numbers from that second roll and e-mail each purchaser their ticket numbers. This eliminates the need to tweak the online sequence and insures accurate accounting. Since the tickets look identical except for their numbers, they will look the same in the drawing jar.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors