are these any good

Status
Not open for further replies.

FredP

Fred
Corporate Member
I have 2 that are similar to those. they only apply as much pressure as you have in your hands so they work ok for holding things but not real good for clamping things. I rarely blow the dust off them.:gar-Bi mine were free with somethingorotheribought.:dontknow:

Bill Clemmons

Bill
Corporate Member
+1 what Fred said. I've got a couple that I rarely use. They don't do any more than a spring clamp, which I use all the time. They're kinda more trouble than they're worth.

Bill

ehpoole

Ethan
I have the Bessey variation of the clamps you're inquiring about. While I 100% agree with the above posters that these are not the go-to clamp for anything needing serious clampling force, I do find them quite useful nonetheless.

They are great for lighter clampling pressures for non-loadbearing members, much like pinning trim, etc., to hold it in place for the glue to set. They're also great for small items that are too small for a full-size bar clamp (and you can line up a bunch of these clamps next to one another for greater clamping pressures). They also adapt nicely to moderate curved and angled pieces since the jaw pads are articulated.

I also find them very handy for holding everything in place while I break out my bar clamps and tightly clamp everything down while the glue sets. Since these clamps can be operated with a single hand, your other hand is conveniently free to hold the pieces in alignment.

garymuto

New User
Gary
I have a couple of the Irwin version. They have a wider opening and are stronger than spring clamps, but still light duty. I ordered 4 since I use the 2 I have a lot.

tjgreen

New User
Tim
:thumbs_do

I have a couple of the Irwins as well. I will not be purchasing more. In between a bar clamp and a spring clamp, and a poor substitute for both. EDIT: IMHO :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS