Apollo versus Fuji HVLP

Hmerkle

Board of Directors, Development Director
Hank
Staff member
Corporate Member
I lost my "deal" on my Fuji sprayer but found an Apollo 4 stage HVLP.

I have a ton of hours researching the Fuji brand but know nearly nothing about the Apollo.

Appreciate any input and or comparison of the two brands...
(Please assume for the discussion that they are both four stage (Q4) rather than comparing the Fuji semi-Pro I was looking at and comparing it to a 4-stage HVLP...

hymie123

Jim
Corporate Member
I have an aerojet Apollo FX5 5 stage turbine and Apollo 7700 Gravity cup gun. This is a fantastic turbine/gun combination. I also have the aerojet Rs1 gun this is a simple gun comparable to one of the fuji's at a slightly reduced price. I tend to use the RS1 as it is almost idiot proof and takes little setup to get a good atomization. I purchased from Paint Sprayers Plus in AZ. I would suggest calling the owner, Jason Gilbert of Paint Sprayers plus. Jason sells both Fuji and Apollo and very knowledgeable about spray equipment in general.

Jason Gilbert
Paint Sprayers Plus
877-293-5826

A friend of mine has the FX4 aerojet apollo turbine/gun. I have sprayed Target coatings pigmented lacquer with the FX4 and it does just fine. My friend prefers the RS1 gun over the 7700 as it is simpler for him to get set correctly. Depending on your experience this might be a way to save some $$ on a gun.

I had a small issue with the Apollo 7700 cup lid when I received the unit and Jason had Apollo ship out a new cup/lid assembly, no questions asked.

The only comparison I have is my 1995 3 stage Titan turbine, which is still going strong but significantly louder than any of the new turbines on the market and obviously lower CFM.

Jim

Graywolf

Board of Directors, President
Richard
Staff member
Corporate Member
I feel you would happy with that unit. I’ve used their guns before and they work great.

Hmerkle

Board of Directors, Development Director
Hank
Staff member
Corporate Member
Thank you - just watched a YT video comparing the Fuji semipro2 to an similar Apollo and he choose the Apollo for his longer term use due to the filtering and a few other personal reasons...

golfdad

Co-director of Outreach
Dirk
Corporate Member
Thank you - just watched a YT video comparing the Fuji semipro2 to an similar Apollo and he choose the Apollo for his longer term use due to the filtering and a few other personal reasons...
Apollo makes a very good product from what I"ve read

Ed Fasano

Ed
Senior User
I have the Fuji Mini Mite 3, three stage with a T75 gravity feed gun. I'm an occasional user and have had reasonably good results on several larger projects. I've sprayed only General Finishes and Target water based coatings.
When I researched before purchasing, it seemed that Fuji and Apollo were the clear front-runners. In the end though, the Fuji gun and Fuji's customer service won out by a nose.
This thread and other like it seem to focus on the turbines. In my opinion, the gun is as or perhaps a more important consideration.
Be sure to get a whip hose. Lastly, I feel that gravity guns are a bit easier to use when spraying inside areas of cabinetry and much better for short term spraying upwards.
Just my 2 cents.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS