Anyone interest in a commission?

Robert LaPlaca

Robert
Senior User
A client recently approached me, wanting me to ‘modernize’ a very traditional dining room set that was recently gifted to them from their parents. The clients’ taste runs much more modern, they were hoping that I would be interested in taking on a commission to transform the dining room set.

Unfortunately, I have neither the bandwidth, nor the room to take on such a large transformation project. I promised the client that I would attempt to help them find someone that would be willing and able to take on such a project.

The dining room set consists of a table, eight chairs, credenza, and a sideboard (pictures are attached).

If you are interested, please DM (PM for older folks), I can put you in touch directly with the client to discuss the details.

Attachments

• IMG_1874.jpeg
    IMG_1874.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 106
  • IMG_1873.jpeg
    IMG_1873.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 108
  • IMG_1875.jpeg
    IMG_1875.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 106

creasman

Jim
Staff member
Corporate Member
Are you saying they want to rework the set they have instead of buying/commissioning a new set?

Ricksmi

Rick
Corporate Member
I have to agree with Martin stripping and new woodwork and finishing to make it look modern will take a large amount of time and work. What is modern can be very subjective.

HITCH-

Hitch
Corporate Member
If what we see is a well-built set with quality materials and craftsmanship, then the proposal is a travesty.
Agreed 👍
Sell this to someone who appreciates what it is and then they can buy the "modern" set that they desire from Ikea. 🙄

Warped Woodwerks

Senior User
Eeesh! I wouldn't want to hack that set! Such beautiful looking pieces.

Like some have already mentioned, I would sell that set to someone that appreciates the set for what it is and not mess with "modernizing" it. 😢

Take the money from that sale and ask someone to commission some pieces from the ground up.

A client recently approached me, wanting me to ‘modernize’ a very traditional dining room set that was recently gifted to them from their parents. The clients’ taste runs much more modern, they were hoping that I would be interested in taking on a commission to transform the dining room set.

Unfortunately, I have neither the bandwidth, nor the room to take on such a large transformation project. I promised the client that I would attempt to help them find someone that would be willing and able to take on such a project.

The dining room set consists of a table, eight chairs, credenza, and a sideboard (pictures are attached).

If you are interested, please DM (PM for older folks), I can put you in touch directly with the client to discuss the details.
What does "Modernize" mean? Did they give you a photo or sketch of what they are looking to change? I agree with Melinapex, it sure sounds like a trap/fishy to me as well.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS