Anyone here use the tablesaw fence on the left side of the blade?

Status
Not open for further replies.

toolferone

New User
Tom
Now of course for some odd specialized cuts I will put the fence to the left of the blade, but not for normal use. I watch a LOT of YouTube videos and have seen several people doing this on a regular basis. Just wondering why? Any thoughts or personal experience? Inquiring minds want to know!

SubGuy

New User
Zach
If I have a long piece that needs support to the right and I am using a step block against the fence. Also, odd angles. If I was left handed, I would feel more comfortable pushing wood through with my left hand.

toolferone

New User
Tom
I know and agree with all here, I am the same way. Which even makes me wonder even more why they are doing this for normal 90 degree cutting?

zzdodge

New User
zz
My TS is a PM 66, and I normally cut on the right, except that I will cut on the left if I need to make many passes, for example when making many nearly identical cuts. Then I stand at the side of the saw and feed things through. The other, perhaps more common time that I use the left side of the saw is when the right side has stuff on it, and I am lazy enough to just cut on the left.

I am nominally left handed, but thanks to the nuns in grade school, I am somewhat ambidextrous, although equally uncoordinated on each hand. Oh, and their whacking my left hand with the ruler just meant that I had crappy handwriting regardless of which hand I use.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors