Anyone have a hydraulic shop cart I could borrow?

Status
Not open for further replies.

spikeatcisco

New User
Spike
Well I finally got a bandsaw, and I need to move it temporary so I can get it setup on the stand. I'd rather borrow or rent one than buy one that I'd only use a few times (if ever)

Cary, NC

Last edited:

spikeatcisco

New User
Spike
14" Grizzly. Its around 220 lbs? I didn't think, my fault, to put the leveling feet on it before I put it on a mobile base. Put it all together, and it wobbles. Doh!

Ken Massingale

New User
Ken
But you still gotta lift the saw 6-8 inches to get it on the cart.
Sure you don't need an engine hoist instead of a cart?

14" Grizzly. Its around 220 lbs? I didn't think, my fault, to put the leveling feet on it before I put it on a mobile base. Put it all together, and it wobbles. Doh!

KenOfCary

Ken
Staff member
Corporate Member
I've got one of those also. Engine Hoist. Would need a pickup truck to move that but the hydraulic cart would fit in a large trunk, but is almost as heavy as the Band Saw. But you're right - you still need to lift the saw about 5-6 inches to get it on the cart. Then it can lift it to the level of a pickup bed easily.

I put casters and a piece of 3/4" plywood under my Grizzly 14". I move it out from the wall when I'm using it. Works great. Used locking casters from Rockler. The plywood adds rigidity to the bottom and a shelf to put spare blades, resaw fence, etc on.

These are the castors that I used. $49.99 for four of them.

http://www.rockler.com/rockler-caster-set-for-steel-shop-stands-4-pack

Last edited:

scsmith42

New User
Scott Smith
With two people, can you tilt the band saw over a few inches, stick a block under it to hold it while you install two feet, then tilt it the opposite direction and do the same thing?

Scott

KenOfCary

Ken
Staff member
Corporate Member
Scott, I expect that would be the easiest way to do this. The motor is under the table so the thing is not really top heavy. Just assuming he has the same 14" Grizzly as I have. With enough floor space you could probably just gently lay it down on its side while you installed legs or castors.

spikeatcisco

New User
Spike
Thanks guys for all the responses! One of my friends ended up using my hose today to wash his car, so I convinced him to help me move it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS