Anybody in CLT area that is set up to make tongue and groove flooring from rough lumber?

Phillip Mitchell

Phillip
User
Title says most of it. Trying to help my brother in CLT area find someone with a S4S / multi head moulder to turn some kiln dried, rough 4/4 red oak into tongue and groove flooring. He probably has around 750-1000 bd ft if I had to estimate.

I know of The Moulding Source in Mooresville, and also looking for some other options.

Message me here or text/email - 828-964-7105 , phillip@stillwaterwoodworks.com

Last edited:

Gotcha6

Dennis
Staff member
Corporate Member
You might try Stewart Enterprises in Mineral Springs, NC. 704-283-6898. They do custom moldings and sell S4S Poplar and other finish materials. It shouldn't be a stretch for them to do 4/4 RO T&G flooring.

wizerick

Rick
User
You can also try:

Tarhead

Mark
Corporate Member
We have a few people in the Facebook group that might be able to help if still looking.

Phillip Mitchell

Phillip
User
Thanks, I posted in there a few weeks back.

I’m just going to do it for him. I talked to a few different millwork shops including Boyd at The Moulding Source, which would be my first choice if hiring out, but I decided I think I can handle the job in my little shop.

I do not have a moulder, so it will be done old school - jointer, planer, tablesaw/bandsaw, and shaper with power feeder - but it will give me something repetitive to do in order to refine a process and learn a few things.

Thanks

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS