Any Lictenberg (Fractal burning) Woodworker Raleigh/Durham Area

dlos

New User
Dave
Looking for a skilled lichtenberg woodworker in the Raleigh/Durham area to help finish a picture frame design I'm working on. Willing to travel a bit outside the Triangle as well.

Frame is for a concert poster that features tree branches along the outsides of the poster. Adding fractal burning on the frame would compliment the poster nicely.

Not sure this is even possible, I don't know anything about the technique or if it would be possible on something like this. I do realize the inherent dangers of this process and rely on anyone who might be willing to take this on to be practiced in the art form and all safety measures.

TIA, would love to chat with anyone who can help out!

mdbuntyn

Matt
Staff member
Corporate Member
You'll find that many (if not most) here are vehemently against using that technique.

The reason being that making a mistake with fractal burning can result in death, whereas most of the time we "only" risk disfigurement.

HITCH-

Hitch
Corporate Member
The AAW has banned it from any AAW meeting or function because of the severe risk of death.

What I would suggest is using a laser engraver to achieve the desired effect. You could lay out the pattern exactly as you wanted it rather than leaving it to chance.

dlos

New User
Dave
You'll find that many (if not most) here are vehemently against using that technique.

The reason being that making a mistake with fractal burning can result in death, whereas most of the time we "only" risk disfigurement.
Thank you for this info, I am aware of the risks, was not aware of the AAW ban, good to know.

dlos

New User
Dave
The AAW has banned it from any AAW meeting or function because of the severe risk of death.

What I would suggest is using a laser engraver to achieve the desired effect. You could lay out the pattern exactly as you wanted it rather than leaving it to chance.
Thank you for the laser engraver suggestion, hadn't thought of that.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors