Any interest in a Sketchup Workshop?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dave Richards

Dave
Senior User
Allan, I think it makes sense to keep up to date with SketchUp as long as the operating system on your computer can handle it. SketchUp 8 is pretty old now and there are some web-based features that no longer work with it (or SU2013). But for what I plan to cover in January, I don't think it'll matter much which version you have.

If you do update to SU2016, you'll probably want to go for SketchUp 2016 Make. I believe you'll start with a 30-day trial of the pro version but after that it'll go to Make and disable the pro features unless you decide to get the license.

Kent Adams

New User
Kent Adams
An emphatic yes from me. Jeremy, I have access to a large conference room that can be used. It also has a projector system which a computer can be hooked up to.

Dave Richards

Dave
Senior User
The session Steve Honeycutt and I planned is scheduled for Jan 21 at 8:00 pm EST.

There's a limit of 25 attendees but if someone can host a gathering with a projector speakers and some sort of microphone arrangement, we can have as many folks as can squeeze into the room.

Last edited:

Kent Adams

New User
Kent Adams
The session Steve Honeycutt and I planned is scheduled for Jan 21 at 8:00 EST.

There's a limit of 25 attendees but if someone can host a gathering with a projector speakers and some sort of microphone arrangement, we can have as many folks as can squeeze into the room.

My conference room will seat about 50-60 people comfortably. I'm not sure the 21st of January will work though. I would need to check to see if it is being used by someone else first. Its always open on the weekends and evenings.

Kent Adams

New User
Kent Adams
Then it shouldn't be an availability issue. I would just need to clear it with corporate security (I work for a bank).

golfdad

Co-director of Outreach
Dirk
Corporate Member
I would have to give up my seat if it was on the 21st... a bit to far to go on a week nght with work the next day

Michael Mathews

Michael
Corporate Member
I'm with Dirk...at 8PM on a work night, I'm getting ready for bed! I'd have to bow out for a session that late in the evening.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors