Any good CAD Woorking Programs

Status
Not open for further replies.

quid_non

Wayne
Senior User
Hi All -
Anyone had any good experience with CAD for Woodworking Design and preparing material lists? Any recommendations?
Thanks
quid_non

Monty

New User
Monty
Check this out: Sketchup. I have not personally used this, but a lot of people seem to like it. Plus, you can't beat the price: FREE!

woodguy1975

New User
John
insomniac said:
Cool. Glad you like it. Maybe I should give it a try myself.

Hmmmm. I think you might have a better program. :slap:

Seriously, Sketchup is a good program that isn't hard to learn.

John

Ray Martin

New User
Ray
Any CAD type program I have ever used required several degrees in rocket science to learn... and then I followed the link to SketchUp as suggested in this thread. I stand corrected. It took me about 10 minutes to go through the three 'getting started' tutorials. ... and I can draw!!! This thing is GREAT!!!

Thank you for the recommendation.

quid_non

Wayne
Senior User
Re: Any good CAD Woorking Programs - Update

Hi All -
Just a quick update on this "Sketchup" program. I found a great link that has a wide variety of woodwooking tools already made & ready for import. This is a great tool if you are designing your own shop or thinking about maximizing workflow!

http://www.yda-online.com/shopmodels.htm

Thanks again Insom for the original link!
Best
quid_non

DaveT

New User
Dave Tenhoeve
I use Microsoft Visio. I use it at work for program design, flowcharting etc. But I have found it's pretty simple to use the basic drawing functions to create the working drawings I need. I will have to try this other program out though.

Dave

Travis Porter

Travis
Corporate Member
I have been trying it, and I still can't draw.:-( I am going to have to practice. I am sick of doing the pencil and paper thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS