Another piece done for a customer

skiz2331

Mike
User
Here is a maple veneered table a customer asked me to build. Had about 250lbs of removable "ballast" in the base. Farmed out the brushed stainless in the middle.

Attachments

• DSC03268.JPG
    DSC03268.JPG
    3.6 MB · Views: 209
  • DSC03289.JPG
    DSC03289.JPG
    2.6 MB · Views: 220
  • DSC03299.JPG
    DSC03299.JPG
    2.4 MB · Views: 209
  • DSC03300.JPG
    DSC03300.JPG
    2.8 MB · Views: 199
  • DSC03310.JPG
    DSC03310.JPG
    3.3 MB · Views: 201
  • DSC03355.JPG
    DSC03355.JPG
    3 MB · Views: 218

Dee2

Board of Directors, Vice President
Gene
Staff member
Corporate Member
Write a How-to article for the Resources forum, please?

Dee2

Board of Directors, Vice President
Gene
Staff member
Corporate Member
Didn't take any pics of the actual construction. In fact, it was the customer's daughter that took the finish pics for me. LOL
Pictures are good but not absolutely necessary. Sketches work, too. LoL

skiz2331

Mike
User
Very nice, Mike. How are the leaves supported when open?

The "Bona Fides" comment from Bob was a compliment.

bo·na fi·des: evidence of one's qualifications or achievements
Wasn't sure if it was sarcasm. thanks. I think you can see in one of the pics a black support. They are capped "U" shapes with two 100# Accuride slides inside. Just pull them out before opening a leaf.

skiz2331

Mike
User
Thanks! Not really my design though. I only engineered it from a picture that the customer found in a Scandinavian furniture companie's literature.

Last edited:

Henry W

Henry
Corporate Member
Thanks! Not really my design though. I only engineered it from a picture that the customer found in a Scandinavian furniture companie's literature.
(A bit diversionary, but oh well......)
And if you could custom make it to their specs, without charging more than a 'factory made piece' then you aren't charging enough. (I'm not asking what you charge at all - that's entirely your business)

I just know when people ask me to make something like they saw '..... somewhere' , my answer is that I will need to charge more than the price they saw '..somewhere' (because I am doing a one off and likely custmoizing it., and I am not a factory).

I'm no business expert, but if we take all our costs into account (which I was never good at), I expect you will agree.

skiz2331

Mike
User
Thanks, I did that some time ago. Let me look for the old CAD file and if I can locate it, I'll send some dimensioned drawings.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS