another newbie

Status
Not open for further replies.

bman

New User
barry
just like to say hi everyone:) i have always love wood and woodworking new to the forum world but i would like to say the is a great site for local information been in the area since 74 when my folks moved from Charlottesville VA my dad worked for IBM IE(I've Been Moved)did some time in the navy ...but had to come back to good old NC ..:eusa_booh there i go starting to ramble again

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Welcome Barry, great to have you here. Don't be a stranger, ya' hear :icon_thum

Dave:)

NZAPP1

New User
Nick
Welcome to the site, Barry. Happy to have you join us. You'll find a great group of folks here that love to help and look at pictures. :eusa_danc Enjoy the site :icon_thum

FredP

Fred
Corporate Member
hi barry! welcome to the site. lots o good guys here. OH BTW THAT GUY ABOVE... YEH DAVE. DAVE O! nobody but nodody beats dave to the punch when it comes to wellcoming new members.:-D he doesnt realy work with wood. he sits on the computer 24/7 and welcomes new folks.:rolf: seriousely i think he buys all those pens and boxes and takes pictures to post em!:roll: see he doesnt realy have time to build anything. :rolf: ya hear that dave? yeh i got your number big boy!:slap: ......

fred p

M

McRabbet

Welcome to the site, Barry. We promise that you'll find lots of good information here, and some good humor at times, too! Be sure to add some info about your favorite segment of woodworking and upload some pictures of your shop and projects. We love pictures, as you'll see by browsing our galleries.

Rob

pcooper

Phillip Cooper
Corporate Member
Welcome!!! Guess you have found that there are a bunch of really great folks on here that like to have some fun, and we work with wood too. :eusa_danc

DaveO

New User
DaveO
hi barry! welcome to the site. lots o good guys here. OH BTW THAT GUY ABOVE... YEH DAVE. DAVE O! nobody but nodody beats dave to the punch when it comes to wellcoming new members.:-D he doesnt realy work with wood. he sits on the computer 24/7 and welcomes new folks.:rolf: seriousely i think he buys all those pens and boxes and takes pictures to post em!:roll: see he doesnt realy have time to build anything. :rolf: ya hear that dave? yeh i got your number big boy!:slap: ......

fred p

Dang it Fred, you've found me out...really, I just have some of that magic blue tape of yours that turns plywood into spectacular exotic hardwoods, and a robot :-D

FredP

Fred
Corporate Member
Dang it Fred, you've found me out...really, I just have some of that magic blue tape of yours that turns plywood into spectacular exotic hardwoods, and a robot :-D

you better git otta my magic blue tape stash!:rolf: dont make me put a hex on ya. I could turn alla you polly into peachy gel-stain with just one short wave of the magic push stick dont ya know!:roll:

fred

sapwood

New User
Roger
Welcome Barry, we share your love of woodworking. :)

In fact, you can see from the posts it's serious business :lol:
No fun allowed :eusa_naug

What kind of woodworking do you enjoy?

Roger

gator

George
Corporate Member
Another welcome, I was just down in Franklin County this morning visiting FredP. Nice shop he has, that one.

The door in Oxford is always open, just give a shout.

George

cskipper

Cathy
Glad you joined us! As you've probably noticed, you'll get a lot of good information and good fellowship here!

bman

New User
barry
thanks everyone for the warm welcome ..i am presently converting a 14x60 mobile home to a wood shop.i have most of the basic tools drill press, 6"jointer 12"planer crapsman 8" radial arm (a early 60's model was my dads) and crapsman table saw w/aftermarket fence(big improvement there) 3 routers 1 table\saw mounted and many hand power tools you might say i collect tools ..... time to do something with them .... looking to start a hobby\biz making custom boxes and such to sell on online etc and will do custom work for hire hope to be able to leave the corporate world in 2-3 years working for myself .....not wanting to get rich just make a living....... been playing in wood for 15yrs still have a lot to learn ...the IT world is getting too stressful (GOT TO GET OUT)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS