Another Joint Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

SHNOOGANS

New User
RICK
:BangHead: I've been thinking....(dangerous I know)......If I rabbit the pieces, and seal the back of the seam with a watertight seal, and nail/screw the the seam to the center frame would it work....If you are wondering what I am rambiling on about, see my last post. I welcome all ideas or thoughts, I'd rather be told I'm crazy than waste wood.

Thank you

BTW....My name is Rick I live in Wilkesboro, NC
I work for the DOC, and I have just begun
to get back into woodworking..(hard to do if you don't have space).

DaveO

New User
DaveO
I think that you only be able to do 1/4" into the thickness of the ply, but make that 1/4" lip a 1" or more wide. Make any sense?
Dave:)

Last edited:

Ray Martin

New User
Ray
Rick,

I think I have to second DaveO's question about what you are building. If we had a few more details we might be able to offer more / better advice. You mentioned wanting a watertight seal on the seam between pieces. Epoxy will certainly do that. There are mechanical fasteners that will offer appropriate strength. But... you're making this out of plywood. Even pressure treated plywood is only water resistant, not waterproof. How will you treat the plywood after you assemble this project? The exterior treatment may be part of your protection against water.

Tell us more.

Ray

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS