Another Hello from Charlotte

Status
Not open for further replies.

ptt49er

Phillip
Corporate Member
Hi to All!

I was thoroughly excited to find a message board dedicated to NC wood workers!!!!

A little about myself, I got married in August, enrolled at UNCC, again, in August, found out my wife and I are having our first child in December (he's due in August). I am a Junior at UNCC and my wife is a UNCC alumni. We both are ready to head back to Sanford, NC.

As soon as we found out we are pregnant, I decided I wanted to build the crib! But I didn't have any equipment, very little experience in fine woodworking, and no wood.

So I've found the best deals I can on my equipment, only need a router, ROS, a good jig saw, and dust collection.

And the oak I was given, I love freebies, is from a huge oak tree that was cut down from the church I grew up in.

Just wanted to say thanks in advance for being to so willing to share your infinite knowledge!

Best Regards,
Phillip

NCPete

New User
Pete Davio
Welcome Phillip!

We have an active forum here for selling gently used equipment which may interest you, and many of us keep a diligent eye on CraigsList looking for that next great deal, then post our finds here (especially if its a great deal that we can't use)

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Welcome Phillip, congratulations on Joel's impending birth. Wow your life is gonna change...for the better. I am glad that you could join us. I am sure if you need any assistance with your crib there are members in your area that would be willing to lend a hand or tool....you know you have a very firm deadline for this project :lol:
Can't beat free wood, no matter what it is, but coming from your church it has even more significance. Please post some pics of the crib as you get underway, we all love to see pictures of work in progress...lots to learn from how others do things.
Dave:)

ptt49er

Phillip
Corporate Member
I have been extremely slack in the picture department with this project. Trying to keep all the dust I can off the camera...lol...but I'll see what I can do ;-) Thanks for the warm welcoming though!!

WoodWrangler

New User
Jeremy
Welcome to the site!

I too am in Charlotte and took on a similar job (building the crib -- see my photo album).

If you'd like to use the plan I used, let me know ... it's around here sometime. :icon_thum

Every now and again we have a get-together in Charlotte ... hopefully you can attend and meet others in the area!

cskipper

Cathy
Congrats on the baby - I love the avatar! Welcome to the group. There are a lot of members around the Charlotte area, but of any us can help, just give a yell. Definitely watch the craiglist for tools.

ptt49er

Phillip
Corporate Member
CL's gotten me into a LOT of trouble! lol...that's where I found my late 70's early 80's C-Man table saw...Thanks for the congrats! it has truely been an awesome experience, now if August will get here, i'm ready to see my little buckaroo

sapwood

New User
Roger
Welcome and congrats Phillip! You've got a lot going on :lol:
But I hope you find time to visit NCWWer as it is a wonderful resource and a great group of folks. :icon_thum

Cheers,
Roger

ptt49er

Phillip
Corporate Member
Roger,
Talking about being busy, I'm enrolled full time at UNCC, working a full time job, and tryin to keep up with the house and preggers wife...

Thanks everyone for such a warm welcome! From reading all the past posts I can tell this is a great group of people!

~Phillip

M

McRabbet

Welcome aboard, Poppa-to-be! Glad you could join us and please be willing to accept the help offers from any of us -- it comes at no charge!

But -- pics are a must and dust can be blown off! Rob

dozer

Mike
Welcome to the club. Congrats on the baby and picture are a must or it didn't happen. Just wait for the dust to settle down snap a quick pic and bring the camera back in the house, Thats what I do :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS