Angle Grinder chain disc video

Scott H

Scott
User
Stumpy Nubs from Youtube (name unrelated) got a pretty bad hand injury from one of these. Apparently they are banned in the UK now.

Oka

Casey
Corporate Member
Yeah I remember when he talked about it. But, this is a video ......pretty scary

Wilsoncb

Williemakeit
Corporate Member
Who had the bright idea of using an angle grinder with a chainsaw blade…with one hand!

awldune

Sam
User
Definitely not a tool to use carelessly. On Stumpy Nubs' video there are a lot of comments that he was using it wrong, I think he had the handle on the wrong side?

For this guy using it with no handle, he was extremely fortunate.

JHH

New User
Jeff
WOAH! I bought one of those a couple years ago, thinking I might use it to rough out a bowl or something... and never used it. Now not sure I ever will!

Thanks for the link!

-- Edit --
Yep! After watching Stumpy Nubs video - I am taking a plasma cutter to this thing tonight!

Last edited:

thebroofmoses

Aaron
User
Here are the videos that involve the incident referring to Stumpy Nubs and the infamous saw disc (Also, viewer discretion is advised):

HITCH-

Hitch
Corporate Member
I have one of the Harbor Freight versions of this blade, New and unopened. Thought it might come in handy for a carving project but I have no interest in ever using it now.

Craptastic

Matt
Corporate Member
Having been taught chainsaw usage in Forestry at a relatively young age (17) and sent out into the field (woods?) to work right after, I learned a lot of respect for what those cupped and raked teeth can do in a very short order. I've seen arms, legs, and even a couple of bits of torso get chewed up over the years. I would NEVER put anything similar on a die or angle grinder and trust it to not bite flesh.

That is just a bad bad idea and whoever came up with it should suffer litigation hell.

smallboat

smallboat
Corporate Member
years back (early 90’s) I toured the Dr Graybo pipe factory in Sparta.
Highlight of the tour was a room with a device that incorporated a steel master form for the pipe bowl shape and a sort of 3d follower set up with a grinder similar to this on the other end. They would mount a burl and the operator would just go to town while the follower prevented him from going too far into the burl.
As I recall, there was little or nothing preventing him from taking a chunk out of himself.
Scared me to death just watching.

And then there was the machine to “pre-smoke” the pipes.
Glories of 20th century industrial engineering

mpholway

Board of Directors, Events Director
Matt
Staff member
Corporate Member
Agree. I saw the Stumpy Nubs video and the risks far outweigh any rewards.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS