Anchor Hardwoods Grand Opening

Status
Not open for further replies.

donbake1

New User
Don
Anchor Hardwoods in Raleigh are having a grand opening celebration Saturday October 22nd at 6716 Old Wake Forest Rd. in Raleigh. Catering by "On the Border from 12:00 to 2:00 as well as a live remote by WQDR radio with Mike Wheeless. Come by and check us out and have a FREE fajita from "On the Border" plus door prizes.

Don Baker
Store Manager

Bas

Recovering tool addict
Bas
Corporate Member
Not sure if I can make it, but congratulations on the opening!

farmerbw

Brian
Corporate Member
Congrats guys!!:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap I talked to Mike the other day about some stuff I was looking for but got tied up with the kids soccer games on Sat so I never got a chance to get by to meet him and look around. Maybe I can sneak off from soccer this Sat and get by there finally!!

Brian.

Douglas Robinson

Doug Robinson
Corporate Member
stopped by. Will be back. It is close by and the selkection was very good. Saw at least 4 other NCWW'ers. We should set up some flyers here.

Bigdog72

New User
Geoff
Scored a nice chunk of Paduak and got to visit with Sawduster and Doug Robinson. Nice place, great selection, wish it was in Lillington!!

froglips

New User
Jim Campbell
Imagine my surprise to hear you on WQDR!

My ears perked up when I suddenly heard the words "wide selection of domestic and exotic hardwoods" :)

Congrats and all the best!

Jim

Bugle

Preston
Corporate Member
Stopped by and picked up a nice piece of 3/4" Wenge that they are going to resaw into ~ 1/4" for me. Also a beautiful Ambrosia Maple block that I plan on turning into a scroll saw box. They have had some issues with getting all their machinery hooked up, so they cannot resaw there but they offered to send the particular piece of Wenge to Wilmington to resaw and bring it back for a very small fee. The wife particularly enjoyed reading about their reclaiming process and talking to the very knowledgeable folks there.

donbake1

New User
Don
Thanks to all the great NCWW guys, we had a great grand opening celebration and had a couple of hundred attendees. Hope everyone got enough to eat. Also thanks to "On the Border" on Old Wake Forest Rd for providing the food at a huge discount. If anyone is is the mood for Mexican, they do a tremendous job. WQDR also gave away several items during their live remote with Mike Wheless. Glad you all enjoyed it. The wood countertop we gave away was won by Victor Vickland. We'll make it to his size and specs.

Thanks to all,

Don Baker
Store Manager

sawduster

New User
Robert
Thanx Don, for the hospitality. I saw some mighty purdy wood in there :icon_cheers I had to change shirts when i got home as I forgot my bib :gar-Bi I scored some of those riverwood and heart pine pen blanks, filled my belly, won a t-shirt from the radio station, talked shop with some fellow NCWW's and was really impressed with the thinwoods you had sitting on the counter for another customer. I will definitely be following up on the thinwoods you can provide :icon_thum
The staff was friendly and knowledgeable and I really enjoyed my visit

You will see me again fer shure :eusa_danc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS