Additional Volunteers Needed for Youth Workshop - January 18th

Status
Not open for further replies.

drw

Donn
Corporate Member
The NCWW is hosting two youth workshops this coming Saturday (January 18th) at Bill Clemmons shop in Liberty, NC. The first session is from 9:00 to noon and the second from 1:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m. Steve Honeycutt has 12 to 14 youth signed up. With this many youth, our experience has been that we need to have eight adults to provide adequate assistance and supervision. Until today we had a sufficient number of volunteers committed to the program, but two have had to drop out leaving short. Consequently, we need two additional volunteers. The youth will be building light sabers (lathe work), Keep-Sake Boxes (bandsaws and drill presses), and Birdhouses (drill presses). We will be serving lunch (probably pizza) between the two sessions. If you can help, please let me know.

drw

Donn
Corporate Member
Berta,
Thank you! With your assistance and ScottM, I think we will have things well covered. Perhaps it is my imagination, but it seems that the same few people are the ones who continually step up to do the work of the organization, but there are lots of critics when things do not unfold as they think they should. See you Saturday.

Charles Lent

Charley
Corporate Member
I would have volunteered, but the 18th is my 50th wedding anniversary and spending that day doing woodworking might be a life limiting action. I'll try to help out the next time on hopefully a safer day.

Charley.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS