Adding pics to posts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ehpoole

Ethan
Go to "Gallery" (top menu bar), then select either "My Photos" or "My Albums" and upload your photo(s).

Edit: or "Upload Photos"

Joe Scharle

New User
Joe
I can't find the ADD PHOTO icon either. The INSERT IMAGE icon requires me to enter a url. Clicking on GALLERY erases all text in a REPLY window.

It's broke :no: ?

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member
The icon is there, but is not showing up. Howver, if you hit it, you will get a major error. I feel this is a major bug and will try to get it fixed. This is a new version of the Photo Popup addon and it has some weirdness. The old version does work at all with this new vB. Give me a day or two

Joe Scharle

New User
Joe
You can always open 2 windows. One for the pic and one for the thread. Just to the right of the pic (select it in your gallery first, to make it big), you'll see url= below.....................copy one i.e. Linked Image, then put that data into the INSERT IMAGE url box.

Linked Thumbnail:
Linked Image:
HTML code:
Direct link:
IM/EMail:

But the old button is sooooooo much easier!:eusa_danc

Maurice Ungaro

New User
Maurice
I can't find the ADD PHOTO icon either. The INSERT IMAGE icon requires me to enter a url. Clicking on GALLERY erases all text in a REPLY window.

It's broke :no: ?

I think I found a somewhat way around it. It's cumbersome, and very archaic, but upload the image to your personal gallery shots. Then, once that process is completed, open it up in your gallery. you will see on the right side the url for the image. Copy it, and go back to the post that you wanted to put it in. Click the "insert image" icon. past the url (be careful here, because you will have a ton of characters that you won't need, so, cut accordingly). If you've held you mouth right, and not farted during this whole process, hit the appropriate button to publish your post.

Was any of this confusing? It sure was for me when I tried to figure it out for myself!

ehpoole

Ethan
You may also drag-and-drop photos from your albums into new posts. Depending upon your particular browser you will either need two tabs open or two windows open (some browsers allow dragging-and-dropping between tabs, some will not).

Just drag the photo into the reply textbox and it should be inserted (for most browsers).

Otherwise, you may use the URL.

Maurice Ungaro

New User
Maurice
You may also drag-and-drop photos from your albums into new posts. Depending upon your particular browser you will either need two tabs open or two windows open (some browsers allow dragging-and-dropping between tabs, some will not).

Just drag the photo into the reply textbox and it should be inserted (for most browsers).

Otherwise, you may use the URL.

I tried that, even with really tiny file sizes, and it didn't like it.

FlyingRon

Ron
If they are hosted elsewhere you can just embed the URL in IMG tags:

Example (remove the spaces inside the [ ] ):
[ IMG ]http://www.ronnatalie.com/Ronsboat/boatinwaterslow.jpg[ /IMG ]

boatinwaterslow.jpg

Maurice Ungaro

New User
Maurice
Ummm....thanks Ron. I think the point is when they are not hosted elsewhere. BTW, nice boat, if that's the compliment you were fishing for! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS