A signature worth looking at...

Status
Not open for further replies.

NCTurner

Gary
Corporate Member
I agree and am not arguing that, just saying that it seems to fit the spirit of the site.

Unlike say Bill Clemmons that is political: "No man’s life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session."Mark Twain (1866)

and not in the spirit of woodworking, but has been left alone.

The reply was just MOCW, I am far from the masses, and happy to be on board with the end decision.

Bas

Recovering tool addict
Bas
Corporate Member
aplpickr's signature is:
Not sure if it crosses the line or not...what do the masses think?
Ha! Uninformed masses, that's me!

I think it's OK. It's not specific to any faith, it's not proselytizing, and if you substitute "Nature" for "God", it has the same meaning. It's very close to "approved" concepts such as "God bless" or "I'll keep you in my prayers".

CaptnA

Andy
Corporate Member
{Many of our members are very devout and feel their religion and
beliefs play a fundamental role in their lives. We applaud adherence to beliefs of your choice. Members with different, but equally devout, beliefs may be in direct contradiction. Please remember that some of mankind's worst and longest lasting wars were fought over differences of spiritual belief. Statements of a religious nature can cause disharmony. Therefore, in the spirit of "prevention", all religious content is banned from this site. However, the following exceptions will apply:

Phrases such as, "God bless you", "Bless you", and "you are in our prayers" are more than acceptable. Such phrases are not proselytizing and are regarded as non-denominational. (Technically, even atheism is a belief system.) No one is criticized for saying they would or would not pray. Also, phrases used to greet and or wish well being during certain seasons or holidays such as "Merry Christmas" are allowed and even encouraged, regardless of the religious foundation.)

As I read the guidelines, I don't see an issue. I don't read the line as promoting religion, it isn't denominational, and he is referencing his wood working efforts. Others may see it differently.
It caught your eye so good call in questioning it.
These are my 2 cents.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS