A really short review - Triton wood rack

Status
Not open for further replies.

DavidF

New User
David
I have been looking to buy a rack to store my small amount of wood on for some time. I was hunting around the web and generally the price was $69.95 I spotted it was for sale on Woodcraft.com for $49.99. Placed the order and it arrived in time for the w/e. Just to say: It's a rack, it's simple, it works, it's NOT worth $69.95 it IS worth $49.99

RobD

New User
Rob
I was able to grab one from Amazon for $35.20 about 2 months ago. For that price, I am ecstatic with it but I do agree that I am not sure it is worth $70 considering it wouldn't be too difficult to make one myself.

Also, the fact that the floor was my lumber rack before I got this, it has made a world of difference in my shop.

Turtlewood

New User
Kevin
Was Amazon charging 19.99 for shipping at the time?

Yikes! I know that the thing is heavy, but that is way too much.

/Kevin

I was able to grab one from Amazon for $35.20 about 2 months ago. For that price, I am ecstatic with it but I do agree that I am not sure it is worth $70 considering it wouldn't be too difficult to make one myself.

Also, the fact that the floor was my lumber rack before I got this, it has made a world of difference in my shop.

DavidF

New User
David
Was Amazon charging 19.99 for shipping at the time?

Yikes! I know that the thing is heavy, but that is way too much.

/Kevin

I paid $9.00 S&H from WC which I thought was not bad. Total price was around $60.00. It certainly has cleaned up the corner of the shop! I put it just above 4' off the ground so that sheet goods would go underneath.

Imakmst

New User
Gerry Rhodes
I looked at that item at the Woodcraft website. They don't describe it very well. How many standards and how many (pegs, shelves, etc.) brackets does it come with? And does it appear to be expandable in some way?

DavidF

New User
David
I looked at that item at the Woodcraft website. They don't describe it very well. How many standards and how many (pegs, shelves, etc.) brackets does it come with? And does it appear to be expandable in some way?

Hi Gerry,

It comes with 2 x 4' high verticals and 12 brackets; 6 for each one spaced equally. The spacing is not adjustable except by drilling additional small holes for the self tapping screws that support the shelves. It is not expandable except by buying another set.

HTH.

Imakmst

New User
Gerry Rhodes
Thanks, I need to do something in my shop for lumber storage and the walls are the only way to go. I'm debating using something like the Triton stuff, or something I saw in Lee Valley catalog, or build my own.

Great info.:eusa_clap

DavidF

New User
David
Thanks, I need to do something in my shop for lumber storage and the walls are the only way to go. I'm debating using something like the Triton stuff, or something I saw in Lee Valley catalog, or build my own.

Great info.:eusa_clap

The good thing about getting the Triton was that the project was done in an instant! buy it, fit it, cross it off the list!! now if someone would do the same for storing clamps...(cheap!)

Travis Porter

Travis
Corporate Member
Can you really load them up with wood? I have a tendency to put too much weight on stuff and have been fearful they would break.

DavidF

New User
David
Can you really load them up with wood? I have a tendency to put too much weight on stuff and have been fearful they would break.

Well they are a bit self limiting in as much as the distance between shelves is only about 8 or 10 inches, but the tube brackets seem sturdy enough for the recommended weight.

jglord

New User
John
For folks looking for wood storage systems, Woodcraft is now carrying a new system with 3 different length wall segments, many different shelving brackets and several ways to hand the system. For those with concrete walls, it can be suspended from the sill plate.
Just wanted to pass this along:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS