A Quick Pony

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ken Massingale

New User
Ken
Tinas close friend suddenly found herself with custody of 2 small grandsons. Being a grandma she didn't have lots of toys for the small boys to occupy themselves with.
I stopped by Lowes for a 2 by 8 by 8 pine board and knocked this out.

The mane is Walmart fringe and the tail is Dollar General fake hair braids. I tried the DG hair for the mane but after trying for a couple of hours to glue loose hair into the 1/8" groove in the head, I went with fringe.
Then spent an hour chasing long black fake hair around the shop.

pony1.JPG

Glennbear

Glenn
Pretty cool Ken :icon_thum Your solution to the material problem for the non wood portion of the project shows that you have a pretty inventive mind. :wsmile:

JackLeg

New User
Reggie
Hoppy, Roy, Tom Mix, Alan Ladd, Gene, Cisco, Red Ryder, Rifleman, and the Lone Ranger would be proud of that one! :eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap

farmerbw

Brian
Corporate Member
Nice job Ken, I'm sure the kids will get hours of enjoyment out of that. :icon_thum:icon_thum

Brian.

PChristy

New User
Phillip
Nice job Ken:icon_thum But I believe that I seen "two grandsons" there - you might want to laso another one of those stallions there so they can both chase those cattle around

Charlie

Charlie
Corporate Member
Ken, it just goes to show that fun doesn't have to cost a lot of money. Ingenuity is great.

Ken Massingale

New User
Ken
Thanks guys, it was a fun quickie build.
Making stuff for the lil kids is very rewarding for me.

Phillip, nah just one pony. Let um fight over it, that builds character and prepares them for the life ahead! :)

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member
Nice for a quick job.

The way to do the hair is to drill a row 1/4 inch holes, fold the hair in half and use a small wedge to drive it into the hole.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors