A Must See Event - SHOWCASE September 6

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phil S

Phil Soper
Staff member
Corporate Member
The great annual North Carolina Woodworking Showcase will be on September 6 at Klingspor in Raleigh

Each year NCWW supports the event by providing volunteer judges, administrators, demonstrators and hopefully many entrants in the numerous categories

To encourage entries from NCWW members, NCWW will pay for the first ten entries in the open division (youth division is free)

Here is the official brochure (a pdf version is available in the download library)
Woodworking_Showcase_Brochure_2014.jpg

August 24 Update
Scott M and Johnny R as judges
Berta will do a scroll saw demo
Phil will do a ultralite canoe demo with some steam bending
Ken will be our floor supervisor
We could use a couple more volunteers to help run this show

NCWW will pay for the first ten member entries, just tell the desk when you register

I hear we have several youth entries - that is great

I am hoping we get a large amount of member entries

I got mine done - how about yours ??

At the end of the show around 3 or 4 pm the remaining items in the WONC gallery will be auctioned off and that includes the eight large slabs
NCWW - Outreach will be receiving those funds :)

Last edited:

KenOfCary

Ken
Staff member
Corporate Member
Re: Calling for volunteers and participants

I will volunteer to help and might just have an entry by then. Or not. I'm so slow getting projects finished.

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member

At your servive. I am planning to attend. I can submit a entry and also willing to be a judge and do demo's again if needed.

prolfe

New User
Paul Rolfe

In addition to the tremendous support from the folks at ncwoodworker.net, we also have other new sponsors for the show this year. What this means for the participants is more prizes! An example is a $75 cash award to the best woodturning piece that is offered be the North Carolina Woodturning Guild.

There is currently a silent auction at the store for some REALLY LARGE EXOTIC SLABS which will end in the afternoon of the show. One of these slabs is an African Chamfuta (mahogany substitute) slab that measures 2" x 42" x 10' long. The opening bid for this slab is just $250! THE PROCEEDS OF THIS AUCTION WILL BE DONATED TO ncwoodworker.net FOR THE OUTREACH PROGRAM!!!! Come by the store in Raleigh and check these out. You must register at the checkout counter in order to bid but you don't have to be present to win.

Paul

farmerbw

Brian
Corporate Member

Both my kids still want to enter something and want to go to see the other entries. I'm not sure how long we'd stay before they get antsy and want to leave, but I could certainly help out where able. We can discuss further at lunch this Friday maybe....

B.

golfdad

Co-director of Outreach
Dirk
Corporate Member

i have it on the calendar to help. Let me know if i am still neeeded

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS