A few new additions

Status
Not open for further replies.

MarkW

New User
Mark
I have gotten a few new additions over that last couple weeks so I figgured to make one combination gloat.

The first one is a Grizzly 15 inch planer. I had already purchased a Dewalt when I backtracked returned it and went ahead and got this one. It was delivered in perfect condition and it was almost dead on out of the crate.

The next one is a Compcarve. The FIL purchased this for us (so Im not sure it counts as a gloat, but its in my shop and probably will stay there)and I am just starting to work on some designs to try it out. It looks pretty neat and now Sears offers a 5 year warranty so we felt we couldn't go wrong. I realize that these things are sorta controversial but I tried carving the non powered way but as much as I would like it....I have no talent there.

The last gloat is one of the best. My new shop helper. She still sleeps alot, but hopefully I can get her to earn her keep eventually.

Last edited:

RandyJ

Randy
Corporate Member
Nice, Mark! That's a triple YOU SUCK! You got some nice hardware there and one nice "software" (shop dog):laugh:.
I'm sure you will enjoy them all....

Gotcha6

Dennis
Staff member
Corporate Member
Let me be first to offer consuckulations on the planer & double consucks on getting in laws to leave tools in your shop. Shop dog looks cool, but we don't allow shop CATS here. Right, DaveO? :kamahlitu

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Wow Mark that is a power gloat so it deserves a power [glow="SUCKAGE"]SUCKAGE[/glow]
Cute dog too. Cat's are OK in the shop as long as they are wearing diapers :eusa_eh:

Dave:)

Last edited:

Gotcha6

Dennis
Staff member
Corporate Member
Dave, you ain't ever tried puttin' a diaper on a cat. I can tell.

Bas

Recovering tool addict
Bas
Corporate Member
Wow Mark, way to save all those gloats up and do the shock and awe thing. You SUCK, SUCK & SUCK!!!!

Cuprousworks

Mike
User
Nice adds! Is #3 a Boston?

Compcarve is an interesting idea. Can it duplicate an existing carving? What is the total relief it will carve? Will it create through-holes?

Good luck with the housetraining!
Mike

Douglas Robinson

Doug Robinson
Corporate Member
Mark:

Check in with YankeePop who just joined. He's a real compucarve enthusaist.

Doug

P.S. YOU SUCK:icon_thum

YankeePop

New User
Mel
Mark,

I hope you enjoy your CC machine. I've had mine running about four months now.:icon_thum

If you haven't seen the Carvewright/Compuserve forum yet you should check it out at www.carvewright.com. It's dedicated to CC/CW users and there is a wealth of information about CC/CW machines and techniques. I'm known as "hotpop" on their forum.

The machine has 50 built in patterns plus you can purchase additional patterns at the CarveWright Pattern Depot or you can create your own.

There is going to be a learning curve so take your time and it will all come together for you.

If you need help getting started I'll be glad to help.
:wink_smil

Trent Mason

New User
Trent Mason
Mark,

Very nice additions! YOU SUCK YOU SUCK YOU SUCK I can't wait to see some products come from this and I'm sure the new shop dog will do a great job taking care of all of that scrap wood. :icon_thum

Trent

sapwood

New User
Roger
Wow, Mark! You are really laying it on.
Strike first with the big dog, then melt our hearts with the little dog :rolleyes:

Roger

cpowell

New User
Chuck
(You Suck!!!)^3

Congrats on all three. The FIL gloat is especially noteworthy. :icon_thum

(not to detract from the other two...awesome.)

Chuck

jmauldin

New User
Jim
Mark
Congrats, and yes you SUCK.
Does the planer have the spiral cutterhead or standard? I am really hoping I can get that one with the spiral cutterhead. If yours had that, let me know how you like it and if it is worth the extra price.
Jim in Mayberry

MarkW

New User
Mark
Thanks guys!

Does the planer have the spiral cutterhead or standard? I am really hoping I can get that one with the spiral cutterhead. If yours had that, let me know how you like it and if it is worth the extra price.
Jim in Mayberry 03-04-2008 06:18 PM
No Jim I did not spring for the spiral head. I just couldn't swing it right now but from other reviews I think it would have been worth getting though.

YankeePoP I have read most of the site at CC and theres alot of good info. Thanks

Nice adds! Is #3 a Boston?

Compcarve is an interesting idea. Can it duplicate an existing carving? What is the total relief it will carve? Will it create through-holes?

Good luck with the housetraining!
Mike

Yep she is a Boston Terrier and a real handful so far.
The CC can duplicate existing carvings with an add on probe. It will create through holes I think about half an inch total, but Im not sure there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS