A different Glue container ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

WoodWrangler

New User
Jeremy
A while back I picked up two glue containers from Roger (aka timsparents) along with a large box of other stuff. Up until recently I hadn't used them -- not knowing what a gem I had sitting in my cabinet!

Have you used one of these? I had never seen one ... and personally thought they were a bit phallic :toothy11:. What they really are is a glue container and you use a brush to dip in the glue, scrape the excess off on the plastic lip, then when you are done you can store the brush in the container since the handle will fit in the oddly-shaped lid. When in use, the lid fits nicely on the top of the container.

It's made the gluing job that much more convenient ... so I just felt like sharing.

Closed

Open

mshel

New User
Michael Shelley
Jeremy,

Is the square part a reservior for the glue or do you just pour some glue into the little cup thing? Do you think the glue will dry up or does the lid fit tight enough to keep it from doing that?
Mike

Gotcha6

Dennis
Staff member
Corporate Member
I'm assuming you store the brush in the cover. Does the metal brush handle rust setting in the glue for long periods of time, or do you simply replace it every 1-2 weeks?

ebarr

New User
Wayne
Jeremy,

That's kinda cool. Looks like a mini version of one of those dog watering jugs.

I am assuming that's how it works..

mcoston2

New User
michael
Never seen anything like that. Wondering if it seals up tight enough to keep the glue from hardening?:confused1bb:

Nativespec

New User
David
I have it and like it just fine. Dried glue peels right off the container. Now run out and get yourself one.

David

WoodWrangler

New User
Jeremy
The container does seal well and the glue I have in there has been in there for about two months now and is as good as the day I put it in.

The square part (the back) is the reservoir for glue.

I would assume a metal brush might rust over time, but the one I've been using isn't showing any noticeable signs of rust (it's a wooden handle with a metal piece holding the bristles on). You can leave the brush in there, but I don't know that's it is indended for extended periods, but rather overnight, or a couple days, practically.

As for where to purchase ... dunno. I had never seen one before this, but Roger might know and chime in. :confused1bb:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS