A call for volunteers !!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

golfdad

Co-director of Outreach
Dirk
Corporate Member
Folks we have locked down another Outreach Event . This will be on Sat April 23rd in Wake Forest ,NC. We have been invited to spend the day with some middle teen young men who are as there leader said "Very Interested in learning woodworking". We need 6-8 volunteers for this event. I also encourage any of our new members to sign up and come out. We always have something to do and it will a great learning experience watching and working with the younger crowd. We also have a February event in Raleigh and a May event in in the Triad. Hope to see you there!

Last edited:

Raymond

Raymond
Staff member
Corporate Member
Dirk, what are the dates (and addresses) for the events we already have scheduled?

golfdad

Co-director of Outreach
Dirk
Corporate Member
yes......outdoor patio right next to building...and its covered

golfdad

Co-director of Outreach
Dirk
Corporate Member
Raymond the first one is in Raleigh at Klingspors on Feb 27....the second one is in Walnut Cove on May 21st

Last edited:

Barry W

Co-Director of Outreach
Barry
Corporate Member
Raymond the first one is in Raleigh at Klingspors on Feb 27....the second one is in Walnut Cove in May. I need to confirm the date

Dirk, The Springfest FB page says it is for May 21, count me in.

Springgest.jpg

golfdad

Co-director of Outreach
Dirk
Corporate Member
Thanks to all the regulars for stepping up......lets get some new members to join in one of these awesome events.....

golfdad

Co-director of Outreach
Dirk
Corporate Member
Thank you Mark. Zach which event are you referring to? We dont yet have an agenda for Wake Forest. The Feb 27th event is Girl Scouts so it will probably be turning...keepsake boxes....maybe some pens. Hope you come on out and help or just get the feel and maybe help next time

mayszs

New User
Zack
Thank you Mark. Zach which event are you referring to? We dont yet have an agenda for Wake Forest. The Feb 27th event is Girl Scouts so it will probably be turning...keepsake boxes....maybe some pens. Hope you come on out and help or just get the feel and maybe help next time

I'm willing to cut/stabilize some pen blanks for the Girl Scouts if it would be of value to the event. l have some Walnut, curly maple and tons of Pecan I'd be willing to donate.
If it would be of value let me know what sizes and quantities would be needed.

I had originally seen the event with the adolescent boys. I'm not sure I could attend but I might be able to donate some lumber depending on the project planned.

I am not always able to keep up with monitoring the volunteer announcements but if lumber is needed, for a worthy cause, I have no issue donating it just might need to send me a message directly or email me.
Obviously dried flat lumber can take bit more time to prep if I need to find logs, mill and dry it but I can put together turning blanks in pretty short order.

Charles Lent

Charley
Corporate Member
Did it occur to anyone beside me that the long planned Western picnic and the girl scout Outreach are on the same day? This may not matter to those of you in the Raleigh area, but I think is does to some of us West of Raleigh who might have been willing to volunteer for that Outreach program event. Now I'm not sure which one I would like to attend.

We once had a banner at the top of the page where upcoming events were listed, along with the dates of each for all to see, but we don't seem to do this any more. I think doing it again would keep everyone thinking about all of our upcoming events and planning our lives better around them. We now have 3 Outreach events and a picnic to keep track of, and two of the events are on the same day. Trying to sort through the posts to see what is happening, and when, is becoming difficult to follow.

Charley

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member
Charles,
The banner is still there, but only on the "Forums" page. And somebody has to remember to enter the event.

Raymond

Raymond
Staff member
Corporate Member
Charles,
The banner is still there, but only on the "Forums" page. And somebody has to remember to enter the event.

Thanks, MIke. I wondered about the Special Events Banner, just didn't know where it went. Question on the banner, who has access to it and who makes the entries?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS