a box half a%%ed finnished

Status
Not open for further replies.

FredP

Fred
Corporate Member
playing with some long lost inlay tools. had a few blunders but they fixed!:icon_thum i learned that a new inlay will fix a screwed up one and look like it was intended!:rolf: looks blotchy cause its only the first coat of oil and it aint dry. i hope.....:roll:

Attachments

• SUNP002.jpg
    SUNP002.jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 190
T

toolferone

Looks very cool! How about a good front pic, it looks really neat.

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Yea, what Tom said. And some details so I can [STRIKE]steal[/STRIKE] borrow some of your ideas.

Dave:)

sapwood

New User
Roger
Glad you found the inlay tools. Fine looking box, but even with my head under the monitor I can't see the inlay very well.

:eusa_thin Hmmm, inlaid box, furniture, and pens this week.

You da man, fredp :eusa_clap

Roger

FredP

Fred
Corporate Member
Glad you found the inlay tools. Fine looking box, but even with my head under the monitor I can't see the inlay very well.

:eusa_thin Hmmm, inlaid box, furniture, and pens this week.

You da man, fredp :eusa_clap

Roger

hehehehe.... made a loose version of a tonge drum for the grand daughter too but the camera is dead for today. i've had time on my hands lately.:lol: only workin 6 days instead of 7 lately!:rolf:

fred p

FredP

Fred
Corporate Member
some front views. as requested

fred p

Attachments

• SUNP5.JPG
    SUNP5.JPG
    24.9 KB · Views: 171
  • SUNP6.jpg
    SUNP6.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 186

DaveO

New User
DaveO
That's really cool Fred. I like the look of the faux handle. I don't quite understand the lower arc of the reddish brown wood. Was that planned??

Dave:)

FredP

Fred
Corporate Member
I don't quite understand the lower arc of the reddish brown wood. Was that planned??

Dave:)[/quote]

ummmmm................. ABSOLUTELY!!!:roll: or maybe not... its my lie and i can tell it any way i want....:rolf: BTW its bloodwood. some o the hardest bloodwood on the planet!

fred p

sapwood

New User
Roger
Nice Fred, lotta stuff going on there :icon_thum
But I thought it was a bear hiding behind a rock :roll:

Roger

FredP

Fred
Corporate Member
Nice Fred, lotta stuff going on there :icon_thum
But I thought it was a bear hiding behind a rock :roll:

Roger

yeh thats it ... a bear behind a rock! exactly how it was planed!:rolf: Is this where i offer measured drarings for 4.95 plus S&H?8-O

FredP

Fred
Corporate Member
Fred, is the "intentional" inlay purpleheart and bloodwood?

Chuck

nope no PH. bloodwood bottom, figured walnut for the "bears ears" lighter walnut for the eyes and the lines are bloodwood and sycamor. i almoset played with the purple heart but didnt think it would go well with the walnut. this box is a gift for one of my nieces [not a commision piece] so i had to play a little. i messed up the bottom of the original inlay thus i added the rising sun at the bottom. :-D sometimes i just have to accept what the wood gods give me!8-O

fred p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS