A Bird Rest

Status
Not open for further replies.

WoodWrangler

New User
Jeremy
My mother-in-law has been in town this week to help with the new addition to the family (my son was born last week) and wanted me to make her a stand for her new pet parrot. It's nothing fancy, but it intended to be placed on a table next to her couch where her and her husband can put the bird down.

It's made of white oak, with a 3-ply bottom made up of 3/4 MDF, topped with self-adhesive cork, and then covered with 1/8" plexiglass.

IMG_7742.JPG.jpg

In the process of finishing (the plexiglass was covered with plastic to protect it)...
IMG_7746.JPG.jpg

JackLeg

New User
Reggie
Looks like ol' "Polly" will be proud to sit on that! Nice work for a short time, Jer. :eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Where's the cracker holder???? Very nice work, I see you're muscling you way into my pet holder/containment niche...I welcome the competition :lol:

Dave:)

LeftyTom

Tom
Corporate Member
Nice work, Jeremy. That will also work if they replace the parrot with a ring tail lemur. :rotflm:

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
Now that's puttin' all of those fine shop tools to use on a great project! (I would say - TS, BS, lathe, DP, sanders, router and finish sprayer!?)

Very practical and unique!:icon_thum:icon_thum:icon_thum

A fine job!

Wayne

JimmyC

New User
Jimmy
Jeremy ,
it looks great, I'm sure that the Parrot will love it, but we won't know for sure until it christens it:rotflm:.

Jimmy:)

MikeL

Michael
Corporate Member
That's a unique project. Nice job! What is the cork under the Plexi used for?

Badabing

New User
Joe
Real nice work Jeremy! BTW, that kid is adorable :icon_thum

Hard to believe you're the father :rotflm:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors