6203 Bearings, less than $3.00 each

Status
Not open for further replies.

junquecol

Bruce
Senior User
First you are probably wondering what a 6203 bearing is and what is it used for. 6203's are used on the arbor of Delta saws, both Uni, and contractor. If you have an electric motor with a 5/8" shaft, it most likely uses a 6203 at both ends. Many larger motors use the 6203 on the end opposite the out put shaft. Many idler pulleys on cars also use the 6203. Cutter heads on a lot of planers and jointers use them also. I ordered ten 6203 sealed bearings from "thebigbearingstore.com." Total cost, including shipping was a few pennies under thirty bucks. Locally here I pay between $14 and $19 EACH for these bearings. Last summer, I picked up one at NAPA for $18, that I put into a belt tensioner on my daughter's car. It was made in South America. It has already failed. I used to go to junk yard and pull them off rotors from A O Smith plant in Mebane. They fixed nothing, but merely trashed it. These would be new bearings on a rotor that didn't make the grade for one of several reasons. Once I picked up a new motor that was tagged "noise". Inside was a wrapper from a pack of nabs. I miss those days. On their home page, thebigbearingstore has an article explaining how ball bearings are made. Very interesting reading. 6200 bearings, used for thrust bearings on Delta and Jet band saws are about $2.50 each in lots of ten delivered. Be sure to order sealed bearings for both applications.

DaveD

New User
Dave
Thanks for the site. I have been looking for pillow blocks to make a ring roller but the shipping costs on the EBAY stores was prohibitive and I could never find 6 at the same time/same size. The shipping from this place looked real reasonable when I faked up an order.

froglips

New User
Jim Campbell
I can "endorse" the big bearing store too. As part of "Homemade bowl lathe", I purchased 2 four-flange bearings.

They were shipped quickly and arrived quite well.

One factoid, I found the bearings are made by KML (http://www.kml-bearing.com). I found the SKU the bigbearingstore uses is the part number.

Thanks for the info, I can attest to the frustration many woodworkers face when tackling machine parts.

Jim

junquecol

Bruce
Senior User
Thanks for the site. I have been looking for pillow blocks to make a ring roller but the shipping costs on the EBAY stores was prohibitive and I could never find 6 at the same time/same size. The shipping from this place looked real reasonable when I faked up an order.
Check the Surplus Center for bearings also.

DIYGUY

New User
Mark
This is unbelievable - your post is so timely for me. I was thinking just today about asking if anyone knew of a good bearing supplier and here I find your post with the exact information I needed. Amazing! But the best part for me is that I order 4 bearings just now and paid less (even with shipping) than one would have cost me from another source I had originally contacted. God I love this site ...

Thanks BIG TIME!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS