~ 500 BF of Hackberry forsale

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

jeff...

Little different spin on this one, Logger stopped by the log yard today says he has 4 nice Hackberry trees on the current job he's working. He estimated about 600 ~ 700 BF. I told Ted I would see if anyone here would be interested in 500 BF of it, price is $1.10 a BF plus 6.75% NC sales tax for grand total of $587.13. Lumber will be fresh cut, off the log (not kiln dried).

Logger anticipates being out of there on Monday and we'll need to know by Monday if any one would like them. If not he'll send em on to his regular timber buyer.

I would recommend through and through (natural edged) since there is no distinct difference between the heart and sapwood. You'll get more usable lumber lumber that way.

This is a real steal the first person to reply gets the 500 BF. You won't find this very often. I wanted to pass this deal along to a member so if your interested please reply to this post, specify how you want it cut (no less than 4/4 thick please) and we'll go from there.

The Hardwood Handbook
http://mdc.mo.gov/documents/forest/woods/hackberry.pdf

Thanks

JohnsonMBrandon

New User
Brandon Johnson
I'm writing with a hackberry pen right now as we speak. i know a lot of people like it for turning, but I don't see why it couldn't be used for furniture making. Its actually pretty cool wood. Similar to a hickory if you ask me, but maybe Kyle can chime in. I believe he has cut hackberry before.

bonewood

New User
Alan
Hackberry not good for funiture making? I thought it was.

Could be the world's best furniture lumber--I'm just not allocating for it at present.

Gotta try to scarf up the walnut in E NC, and another 5000 foots dry in TN first.

MikeH

New User
Mike
Could be the world's best furniture lumber--I'm just not allocating for it at present.

Gotta try to scarf up the walnut in E NC, and another 5000 foots dry in TN first.

8-O How much land do you have to store all that wood?

bonewood

New User
Alan
Near SW, on Clear Lake, about 2 miles from The Swamp-home of the 2006 Football Champs-which is right beside the O Dome, home of the 2006 and 2007 National Basketball Champs:lol::lol::lol::lol:

J

jeff...

Logger sent these logs on.

Moderator - Please close this thread, I forgot it was open.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS