4th Quarter Donation Drive

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tar Heel

New User
Stuart
The board of directors has decided that, as has been done in the past, we will continue to have quarterly donation drives. The drive will run from October 1-31. The third quarter drive was the first one we had since Steve Coles,our founder, and up to that point, our primary financial contributor, turned the operation of North Carolina Woodworker over to a board of directors. . We now have to be self-sustaining and the quarterly drives are one of the methods that will be used to raise the required funds. Our goal is to raise $1,500 per quarter. The third quarter's drive produced approximately $1,200.

You may make a PayPal or credit card contribution by clicking on the scrolling banner or the link in the "Upcoming Events" section near the top of the page. You may also donate by sending a check or money order to:

North Carolina Woodworker, Inc.
Donations
1012 Maudlin Circle
Wake Forest, NC 27587

It is our hope that North Carolina Woodworker will continue to exist so that our members can continue to enjoy the benefits it provides. There have been some life-long friendships formed from this site and many people feel that we are like a family.

Thanks in advance for your support.

Last edited:

NCTurner

Gary
Corporate Member
Re: 3rd Quarter Donation Drive

Just a note, and I know it is being worked on, but if we can obtaing 501c3 status, I can have my donations matched 2:1 by my company, sure would help make the $ go further. For example the AS donation that will be made could be 3x what it will be.....

I am sure that the same applies to others as well.

Tar Heel

New User
Stuart

You are correct Gary in saying that 501(c)3 status would be a great benefit to NCWW. Dealing with a bureaucracy can be a time-consuming and frustrating experience. Hopefully, we will obtain non-profit status in the not too distant future.

timf67

New User
Tim

I assume that NCWW gets a portion of the NCWW merchandise sales? If so, we should encourage merchandise purchases during the quarterly drive as well and add proceeds to the quarterly drive total. With the holidays coming up it is a good time to point out how much everyone on your shopping list would appreciate some NCWW swag! :wink_smil

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member

I assume that North Carolina Woodworker gets a portion of the North Carolina Woodworker merchandise sales? If so, we should encourage merchandise purchases during the quarterly drive as well and add proceeds to the quarterly drive total. With the holidays coming up it is a good time to point out how much everyone on your shopping list would appreciate some North Carolina Woodworker swag! :wink_smil
It is not necessarily true. CafePress lets the "owner" of the store set the price by stating an amount over the owner's cost. The owner's cost is IMHO way too high, so to encourage sales, the price I used to set for most things was $0.00 above owner's cost. The idea being that the goal was not to raise money but rather to promote North Carolina Woodworker identity and esprit de corps by encouraging the wearing of such apparel at events etc.

However there is a way to make some money and keep price reasonable. If the "owner" of the store purchases in quantities of 15 or greater on their account and has the complete order delivered to the same place, the price to the owner is greatly reduced. Then the "owner" can re-sell to the membership directly without CafePress involved. Then the economics are such that the markup can make us money and still have a more acceptable price to the members/users.

There still is one problem though. The corp will have to receive actual payment for every item ordered. When I took pre-orders without advance payment, I /we lost quite a bit.:swoon:too many people just didn't pay. Last year, when we did pre-orders on the calendar. No order was counted unless advance payment was made. The bulk order was then made to match the number of pre-orders. This worked well.:thumbs_up

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors