3M sander back in stock at Taylor

tvrgeek

Scott
Corporate Member
Unfortunately, they are only able to offer @ 20% discount, not the promised 30. Still, a fantastic tool. I really hate my Dewalt, but still struggling if a $500 sander is smart. Half the game changer is their mesh pads. Maybe I should get a Makita or Bosch and buy more wood. On the other hand, I am getting over a mystery case of COPD, possibly due to an earlier viral infection, so I need to be hyper careful of dust. Maybe for life. :(

tvrgeek

Scott
Corporate Member
Well, talked it over with the "boss". On order. Half for the better job, other half for the best dust collection.

tvrgeek

Scott
Corporate Member
Came last night from Taylor. Gave it a shot this morning on some primed cabinets. I am impressed. Really impressed. I have not used a Festool or Mirka, but compared to my DeWalt and Bosch, yea it is a full order of magnitude better. Quiet. Low vibration. Almost dust free ( mesh pad) and amazingly quick. Had to slow it down a lot. Shined a flashlight through the air and saw no dust cloud. ( Fein vac)

It was really hard to spend that much money on an ROS sander when you can get one for 1/10 from HF. But for me, as I could pay for it even if not really afford it, it is worth it. Lifetime tool. More testing, as it may obsolete not only my DeWalt, but my big 6 inch Bosch.

So great week. Hold Fasts that do, a sander that does, and some new WEB clamps that made my table assembly go great! Even got the Hardi board down on the master bath floor yesterday without any issues.

Martin Roper

Martin
Senior User
Low vibration. Almost dust free ( mesh pad) and amazingly quick. Had to slow it down a lot. Shined a flashlight through the air and saw no dust cloud.
Even if was only slightly faster and vibrated a little bit less, excellent dust collection alone makes a quality sander worthwhile.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS