3-D Design Software

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bill Julson

New User
Update your profile with your name
Just got my latest issue of Woodsmith & they have a write-up on Google's SketchUp, "Design and "build" your projects before heading to the shop."
They refer you the site where you can download it for FREE ! They also have a $500 version.

SketchUp Home

I downloaded it Sunday and played with it a little, but it looks good for a putz like me. It has a Push/Pull tool so that you just click on a shape & stretch it out...has several templates, including a woodworking template for shop projects. Even has a framing square which gives you a sense of scale. Also has a "Value Control Box" where you type in dimensions. It also has videos, a printable users guide, & tutorials, which I need on everything I do. Has a forum too.

It is not a sophisticated CAD system, but seems to be something I might be able to work with. Check it out & give it a test run. Would be interested in your comments.

woodguy1975

New User
John
Bill, there are lots of folks using Sketchup on the site. If you get to using it and have questions just ask. I don't use it, but I know there are probably 15-20 folks that do on the site.

Good Luck,

John

nelsone

New User
Ed
It's a fairly intuitive program. Use the tutorial that comes with it. It works great for conceptualizing what you are doing!

FIVEBYFIVE

New User
MICHAEL
:eusa_clap Bill, I agree with you that it is good software. It allows you to construct your project and work out problems before you ever touch a board. There are so many things you can do with sketchup. If you have any question about it just ask. Michaelgardner knows alot about the software. I know allittle. Good luck with the software.:eusa_danc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors