3.5 bf of SPF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gofor

Mark
Corporate Member
Regarding my resaw technique, I must post a caution about using thin kerf blades. I have used the technique in the past to resaw up to a 2 x 8. Last spring was the first time I did it using a thin kerf blade (40t that came with the saw I bought Jan 2006). When resawing a flatsawn 2 x 8, I started getting a lot of resistance and the blade noise increased. I shut down the saw and pulled the piece off. I found that the top of the blade had started to follow the grain and was almost 1/8" out of alignment with the base of the blade by the table. (amazing how much flex there was in that blade) I switched to a full kerf blade and had no more problem.
This latest piece was actually quartersawn, and the depth was only a little over 1 1/2" per cut, so it went well. When resawing flatsawn to any depth, I now use a full kerf blade (Freud LU84R011 works well).

Just didn't someone else to put themself or their equipment in a dangerous situation.

Go

Gofor

Mark
Corporate Member
You mean you didn't use the Stanley to resaw?
Naw, I've got it filed as a cross-cut. I reset my back saw as a rip cut to do dovetails and haven't gotten around to changing it back since I bought a good dovetail saw.(As if it made a difference!!) I do have another no-name one that I found on the road that is filed as a rip cut, but was too lazy to go get it.:rolf::rolf:

Go

cpowell

New User
Chuck
Mark, I don't know if you'll win the contest but I wouldn't count you out. I assure you that is by far the most beautiful creation I've ever seen from a stick of BORG SPF. Very nice work. :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Chuck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS