$299 New Craftsman professional 6" jointer

Status
Not open for further replies.

batk30msu

New User
brent
Pretty good deal for a brand new 6 inch jointer.

at Sears in Cary Towne Center

2013-07-29_13-41-32_543.jpg2013-07-29_13-41-05_267.jpg

Attachments

• attachments (3).zip
    1.4 MB · Views: 97

NCPete

New User
Pete Davio
wow, that is a good deal! May have to run by my Sears and see if they have anything like that. It has been a while!

Ken Massingale

New User
Ken
I've had that jointer for several years, it has been worked hard and does what it was made to do very well.
That's an excellent deal.

Bill Clemmons

Bill
Corporate Member
Just a suggestion! See if you can find out who the actual manufacturer is, and can it be fitted w/ a spiral head later on. If so, that would make it a really nice tool.

NCPete

New User
Pete Davio
Just a suggestion! See if you can find out who the actual manufacturer is, and can it be fitted w/ a spiral head later on. If so, that would make it a really nice tool.

Had a Byrd head in my 8" Yorkcraft jointer, loved the way it finished wood! That one machine convinced me that I needed the Byrd in my 20" Yorkie planer, too, but was unable to do that before I found myself needing to sell the big machinery.

batk30msu

New User
brent
It is sad to see sears clearing out their "professional" line of craftsman tools. I have a few and they are all good tools. I guess they have just accepted their new place as a budget tool brand?

nn4jw

New User
Jim
It is sad to see sears clearing out their "professional" line of craftsman tools. I have a few and they are all good tools. I guess they have just accepted their new place as a budget tool brand?

Well, they are owned by K-Mart.

Ken Massingale

New User
Ken

Actually I bought mine in ~2008 on 'clearance' for $325. Since then they moved the power switch from the cabinet to the post but otherwise it's the same machine.
I checked online and currently the price is around $550 on sale. I think this deal is local to the area as mine was at that time.

Lowlander

New User
Chris
I bought one from the Cary store, loaded the box in the vehicle and put it together when I got back home. It took me around 2 hrs from start to finish. I checked the blades and they were installed level with the out feed table. So I plugged it in, turned it on and the machine seems plenty quiet with no vibrations. I then jointed two boards and glued them together. Perfect fit, so I am happy with this machine so far.

batk30msu

New User
brent
Glad someone picked it up! Seems like you could almost recoup the whole cost on CL if you decide it isn't for you.

Lowlander

New User
Chris
It already paid for itself with the time it saved me on project. Thanks for posting the deal! I am debating on whether or not to buy a mobile base for it. Right now I just pick it up and move it around.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors