2021 Picnic Status

If you plan to attend the picnic, how many will be in your party, including yourself? ________

• 1 person

Votes: 24 60.0%
  • Party of 2

Votes: 15 37.5%
  • Party of 3

Votes: 1 2.5%
  • Party of 4

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Party of 5

• more than 5

• Total voters

Dee2

Board of Directors, Vice President
Gene
Staff member
Corporate Member
As announced the forum’s picnic is being held September 18, at the Jordan Lake Jordan Lake, Seaforth Recreation Area Shelter.

The ncwoodworker.net board is monitoring the public health risks associated with the pandemic virus and is mutations. We will require all picnic attendees to adhere to safety and health requirements at the time of the picnic. Each individual must recognize their personal responsibility for their own safety, safety of their guests, and take the necessary precautions, and take respectful precautions for the safety of other attendees. If the authorities say mask up, then mask up! The spirit of the organization is such that compliance with requirements should be the minimum we are willing to do for the good of everyone.

That said, there are three issues that must be addressed:
  • The board plans to evaluate the infection rate in NC and make a decision within the next 14 days of whether to hold the picnic. The raffle drawing will be held regardless.
  • In planning for the best outcome – we have a picnic – the board would like to pulse everyone to determine a headcount for attendees if the picnic is held. Please complete the poll question below if you plan to attend and how many will be in your party. This will be used to plan for the meats at the picnic.
  • In planning for the best outcome – we have a picnic – we will issue the traditional call for side dishes in ~14 days. Until that time, practice those apple pies, baked beans, bean salads, potato salads, etc. No experiments for the picnic please, .
While we anxiously await the picnic, buy a raffle ticket.

So, here’s the poll question:

If you plan to attend the picnic, how many will be in your party, including yourself? [Click the appropriate box at the top of the page]

KenOfCary

Ken
Staff member
Corporate Member
I will be bringing a drum full of purchased raffle tickets and Neal should be bringing the prizes that are transportable.

I'll also bring what's left of the two reels of unsold tickets for cash sales at the event.

Graywolf

Board of Directors, President
Richard
Staff member
Corporate Member
If you plan to attend the picnic please participate in this poll. We need to know the level of participation for this event.

Dee2

Board of Directors, Vice President
Gene
Staff member
Corporate Member
One more bump. If you haven't already, please indicate in the survey if you plan to attend the picnic. The is on the next board meeting agenda.

golfdad

Co-director of Outreach
Dirk
Corporate Member
I definitely had this on the todo list but I am having 2nd thoughts as I watch the #'s continue to rise. Im going to a "Maybe " state.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS