2011 Heartstrings Angel Project

Status
Not open for further replies.

sbarnhardt

New User
Barney
How should finishing be handled?

Should each person finish their own? If so, with what?

Or should the cut pieces be sent to you, or someone else, for finishing so they are all the same and consistent?

My finishing expertise is pretty much limited to spray can spar urethane and similar.

:dontknow:

b4man

New User
Barbara
I typically spray a matte poly or any other clear finish. I am happy to do that or you can if you like.

Thanks again Barney.

thesource

New User
Rick
If any of the scrollers need lumber for Barbara's Angel Project,
contact me.
I have enough 1/4" material for thousands of them.
Send me your address and I'll get it to you.

Rick DiNardo

b4man

New User
Barbara
:icon_cheers

Here are pattern sheets Susan (Bkind2animals) developed to print. It's wonderful and I appreciate her doing it! I've already used her layout.

angels_hs12.jpg

View image in gallery

b4man

New User
Barbara
Re: date I need these by.

The last day before the memory walk I need them by is Sept. 30. However, orders will be coming in starting next week and I'll fill them as soon as I have the ornaments.

I'm hoping to take some to various craft events and shops before. It's all going to depend on how many we can make.

JackLeg

New User
Reggie
I'm hoping to take some to various craft events and shops before. It's all going to depend on how many we can make.

I hope you'll bring some to Agri Civic Day! :wsmile:

b4man

New User
Barbara

I hope you'll bring some to Agri Civic Day! :wsmile:

I really want to come and do that! Plus I can bring info on the organization.

Bill Clemmons

Bill
Corporate Member
Barbara, do you need the NC Woodworker sign I have for these events? It's the one I got from you last year. If so, I can bring it to lunch next week.

Bill

b4man

New User
Barbara
Barbara, do you need the NC Woodworker sign I have for these events? It's the one I got from you last year. If so, I can bring it to lunch next week.

Bill

Bill, please bring the sign to lunch! I have one but can use both. Thanks:wwink:

TracyP

Administrator , Forum Moderator
Tracy
I just wish I was a better scroller.:help: What a great project to take on. Barbara you are one of a kind. :notworthy:

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
I just wish I was a better scroller.:help: What a great project to take on. Barbara you are one of a kind. :notworthy:
I would be happy to give you a few lessons. This goes for anyone else who wants to help. For others who wish to get involved with a good cause we also have a "Tops For Hatti" project going.

cheryllewis

New User
cheryl
Many of you know about this endeavor from last year when I requested help with producing angels for the Heartstrings organization. For those new to the site and who may not have gotten 'the memo':wsmile: before now I want to share the purpose of this project and a little bit about Heartstrings.

photo_popup.php

The change in the project this year is that the Angels are going to be used for fundraising. Also there is a Dove ornament to be offered as well. Each ornament will have the baby's name on it and will include a card attached with the name of the woodworker who made it.

This effort will begin this month by advertising in the Heartstrings news letter and other media such as Face Book. I also hope to have enough to take to several summer festivals and craft fairs.
Rick DiNardo of The Woodworking Source has once again provided me with some beautiful wood to scroll from cut offs in his shop.

If you scroll and would like to be a part of this wonderful project any number you could make would be much appreciated. Even if you don't scroll donating hardwood scraps to someone who does would be terrific.

The Angel measures approximately 5" X 2 1/2". There are photo's of the Angel and Dove in my Gallery along with the Dove pattern:

http://www.ncwoodworker.net/pp/showgallery.php?cat=2259&ppuser=327

Please email or PM me for more info. Thanks to all who helped me last year and I hope you'll consider helping out again this year. Please visit the website @ www.heartstringssupport.org for more information about the purpose and programs they provide.
Can you use any 1/8" baltic birch? If so I can bring some cut-offs to lunch on Thursday.

b4man

New User
Barbara
@ Cheryl,
Absolutely! Thanks and I'm so glad you'll be joining us again for lunch:eusa_danc

cskipper

Cathy
I would be happy to give you a few lessons. This goes for anyone else who wants to help. For others who wish to get involved with a good cause we also have a "Tops For Hatti" project going.

Thanks for thinking of that Scott. I would also be happy to give a few lessons re: scrolling in either Forest City or Columbia.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS