2009 Calendar Contest is now open for entries

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jon

New User
Jon Todd
I dont understand why my pic wasnt right either. It was taken with an 8.1 MP I have no clue what DPI is

Last edited:

DaveO

New User
DaveO
There you go :eusa_clap:eusa_clap Your cover submissions are outstanding too. I was hoping to do a cover but I might have to reconsider now.
Dave:)

WoodWrangler

Jeremy
Senior User
I also uploaded a couple of calendar cover ideas ... hopefully to the correct size.

CoverIdea12.jpg
CoverIdea21.jpg
CoverIdea31.jpg

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member
Does this mean the FINAL size is 9x11.5 the cover simply staying about a quarter inch from the side, or is the final size 9.5x12 with an inside bleed of a quarter inch? :XXfridge:
The final size will be 8.5 x 11 but keep in mind that the top 1/2 " of the picture will be obscured by the sprial binding. or of your 9" high picture, the top 3/4" should have nothing in it that you don't want obscured.

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member
If you haven't gotten your question answered, please ask again. I'm sorry I have been so non-responsive.

WoodWrangler

Jeremy
Senior User
That does help ... thanks, Steve. The issue mine had was it was "horizontal" where the new calendar needs to be vertical. That just means each picture I've taken needs some Photoshop massage to get it right ... which I can deal with.

WoodWrangler

Jeremy
Senior User
I dont follow what you mean Steve ?

The problem is that the intention is to get two on a page, instead of one full page per photo. This means that a traditional "landscape" (--) photo probably won't work since the required size is more vertical (|) than horizontal (--).

So, like with my photo, it was good enough quality, but when it was resized to fit within the taller, thinner format it just didn't work. I ended up having to get another photo and make it more of a collage -- which I THINK is going to work.

Bed7.jpg

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member
Re: Turned Items

So here is a turned object. Combine bowl turning, and spindle turning, and you can make drop spindles.

If those are entries, they have to be in the contest categories. You can just move them there. But, they do not have sufficient resolution and would be disqualified

tjwitzig

New User
Tom
:help: The thumbnail for my picture doesn't work; i.e. clicking on it gets a blank page with a little red X in the upper left corner. Clicking on the blank page does get the full-sixe picture, but that is a little hard for people to actually see the whole thing.

Tom

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member
:help: The thumbnail for my picture doesn't work; i.e. clicking on it gets a blank page with a little red X in the upper left corner. Clicking on the blank page does get the full-sixe picture, but that is a little hard for people to actually see the whole thing.

Tom
The problem is an artifact of the previous issue with this problem. I'll before voting, if not sooner. I promise

Ralrick

New User
Rick
I think I must be dense . . . . . where or how do you submit a photo? It would be great to have step by step instructions, i.e.

1. Load photo in gallery or send to email address xxxxx
2. All submissions must include the following info: a, b, c, d

M

McRabbet

Rick,

You need to scroll to the top of any page within this thread to read the first post by Steve on all of the Calendar Contest details. The first post is repeated at the top of all of the thread pages, so it will be easy to find.

Joe Lyddon

New User
Joe Lyddon
Am I missing something?

The contest is described as
"2009 Calendar Contest is now open for entries"

... yet the calendar schedule does NOT have the year 2009 on it anywhere...

Am I missing something?

Edit:
I think I've figured it out... You actually have a Calendar PRINTED and you sell them? Is that right?
/Edit

I thought is was a Project Contest that ended sometime in 2009... !!

Thank you...

Joe Lyddon

New User
Joe Lyddon
Very good, Dave...

Now, why isn't there an "easy to read" PayPal link to where you can click and Order one? :rotflm:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS