1st Firefighter Outreach session

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phil S

Phil Soper
Staff member
Corporate Member
Apex Fire Station #3 hosted our first Firefighter training class. We had eight firefighters plus the Chief. Trainers included Berta, Brent, Don, Dirk, Ken, Bill and myself. Great weather, spacious facility, energized students and dedicated instructors made for a great session. The plan is to repeat this at many fire stations throughout the state. Many thanks to all involved.

Here are just a few photos, many more are in the gallery - Outreach events

DSC04137.jpg
DSC04112.jpg
DSC04121.jpg
DSC04136.jpg
DSC04146.jpg

Berta

Berta
Corporate Member
It was so much fun! If you haven't signed up to do this, you have no idea what you are missing. The participants are eager and glad to be there. We talk and get more acquainted during lunch. They are always so proud that they can leave with a finished project.
You've got to try this!

KenOfCary

Ken
Staff member
Corporate Member
+1 to what Berta said. The firemen came up with a lot of unique ideas for things to make. From goblets to miniature bats on the lathes - and one really interesting pen - to logo coasters and ornaments on the scroll saws.

They also made a lot of very nice bandsaw boxes for trinkets or jewelry gifts at Christmas.

Very good and inventive group. Some were woodworkers but didn't have a lathe or scroll saw so were able to try something different. Others had little experience or their experience was more of the handyman type. A great group of folks to work with.

You really should volunteer to help out at one of these sessions. There will be more in the near future.

Bill Clemmons

Bill
Corporate Member
I've uploaded more photos from yesterday into the album. Take a look.

As others have said, yesterday was a very good day. Thanks to all those who volunteered and helped make this event such a success. :eusa_clap :notworthy:

golfdad

Co-director of Outreach
Dirk
Corporate Member
:eusa_dancI agree with the others on what a good day it was. A lot was learned on both teams. Was great to be around folks that were so eager to learn. My apologies. on having to leave early and miss all the cleanup...I hope to help out again on another mission

TracyP

Administrator , Forum Moderator
Tracy
Awesome, as a volunteer firefighter and EMT in the past this really touches me in a special way. Thank You.

KenOfCary

Ken
Staff member
Corporate Member
:eusa_dancI agree with the others on what a good day it was. A lot was learned on both teams. Was great to be around folks that were so eager to learn. My apologies. on having to leave early and miss all the cleanup...I hope to help out again on another mission

The Firemen were very helpful with the cleanup and reloading of the trailer. I don't remember ever having packed things up so quickly. So no need to apologize, we had a lot of help. Very hospitable group.

gfernandez

New User
Gonzalo
Got an email from Chief Haraway, he thought the event went very well and was definitely a hit with the guys. They are looking forward to scheduling another with the other two shifts in the future![FONT=&quot][/FONT]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors