$199 Ridgid Jointer unofficial GLOAT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matt Schnurbusch

New User
Matt
Just came home from HD and my wife is unhappy with me :eusa_naug :argue: :slap:

On the other hand I am the proud owner of a nice new 6" Ridgid jointer:eusa_danc:eusa_danc. Hopefully she doesn't stay mad too long this time

Pics to follow!

sjack

New User
jack
Congrats. I guess this means the sale has finally reached NC. I hope I don't get snowed it tomorrow.

MrAudio815

New User
Matthew
Just came home from HD and my wife is unhappy with me :eusa_naug :argue: :slap:

On the other hand I am the proud owner of a nice new 6" Ridgid jointer:eusa_danc:eusa_danc. Hopefully she doesn't stay mad too long this time

Pics to follow!

WHAT~! Are you talking about the 6 1/8" Jointer for $199?????

This one???? :swoon: :swoon: :swoon: :BangHead: :BangHead: :BangHead: If so, :BangHead: Then :BangHead: I just bought a used one, pitting, rust and dull blades and a Delta 10 bandsaw for $250... He was going to sell me the Jointer alone for $225. :BangHead: :BangHead:

ConGratuLation's~!!! That is truely an AWE-SOME GLOAT~! :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Last edited:

Matt Schnurbusch

New User
Matt
No pics yet as it is in the box in the back of my van. Hopefully I can get it out to the shop tomorrow for the official gloatage, and picture taking.

The clearance hasn't actually reached us yet, but I was lucky enough to find a good manager. Had a photocopied receipt in my pocket from South Carolina printed and ready to show for price matching, but he didn't even want to see it. If anyone wants or needs a copy of my more local receipt I'll be glad to provide it.

Splint Eastwood

New User
Matt
matt,

Congrats! I don't need no steenking pics! or receipt!:gar-Bi

Your word is good w me!

to, me its the plane truth! :rotflm:

M

Matt Schnurbusch

New User
Matt
OK here's a pic... Ain't she pretty?:rotflm::rotflm:

receipt.JPG

View image in gallery

Mt. Gomer

New User
Travis
Went to the Hone Depot in Fayetteville with a copy of this receipt. They said the item was still active and couldn't sell it for $199.00. Any ideas?

Did you ask to talk to the store manager? The folks in the orange aprons may or may not be willing to knock down the price depending on what they've been told is the party line for the store. They're often instructed to say they can't match the price but often, if you escalate to the mangaer and twist thier arm a bit they'll end up doing it.

Travis

LeftyTom

Tom
Corporate Member
You Rock Unless you are sleeping in the van with the new jointer. :wink_smil

Dang, I paid more for a used Ridgid (the gray model) :BangHead:

blazeman45

New User
Steve
Hi Guys,

New to the site... I called the HD in Greensboro today... They are not offering this deal!! :gar-Cr

After the snow clears, gonna try and get them to price match... Look forward to chatting on here!! Seems like a pretty cool site! :thumbs_up

LeftyTom

Tom
Corporate Member
Take heart, Steve. Lots of times they change their mind when you show up ready to buy. :icon_thum

SGalley

New User
Scott W. Galley
Did you ask to talk to the store manager? The folks in the orange aprons may or may not be willing to knock down the price depending on what they've been told is the party line for the store. They're often instructed to say they can't match the price but often, if you escalate to the mangaer and twist thier arm a bit they'll end up doing it.

Travis

I got the girl in returns to call the Manager, but he/she was not willing to come off of the price. All they can see in the computer is that the jointer is active in the system and not on clearance. They told me that it could be on clearance at another store, but it doesn't mean it's on clearance at their store. I might stop by there early tomorrow morning to see if the person with the pricing cart can look it up for me. I also sent an email from HomeDepot.com about the situation. I'll keep you posted.

Matt Schnurbusch

New User
Matt
This clearance has not reached the east coast yet. The only way to get it is to be lucky enough to find a manager willing to price match. I went in and talked with the tool department lead.

Q: Do you guys price match other stores?
A: Yes
Q: Will you price match a store from South Carolina?
A: Yes

That gets the ball rolling in your favor. But I don't think they are forced to match the price. In my case, there was not a Jointer on the floor as a demo unit (there hasn't been a floor model in months in my store), so unless a customer was willing to look around in the overheads they would never have known that the tool was even in the store. I went through the whole no floor demo for months scenario with both the tool guy and the MOD, and it was enough to get my way. Although the manager did mention that he was probably gonna get in trouble for this one.

Print out a copy of my receipt and take it with you. If that's not enough you can try having a copy of this page with you. If that doesn't work, I guess your just hosed. Try another store, or return later and try for a different manager.

Gotcha6

Dennis
Staff member
Corporate Member
Hi Guys,

New to the site... I called the HD in Greensboro today... They are not offering this deal!! :gar-Cr

After the snow clears, gonna try and get them to price match... Look forward to chatting on here!! Seems like a pretty cool site! :thumbs_up
Welcome aboard, Steve. Please take a few minutes to go to the 'Who We Are' forum & tell us a little about yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS