1 Opening for the Hardwood Inlay Workshop - Saturday 4/2/2016 - Liberty, NC

Status
Not open for further replies.

toolman

New User
Chad
Re: Hardwood Inlay Workshop - Saturday 4/2/2016 - Liberty, NC

Please put me in the tenth and last place, I have made my contribution at 8:58am today..

Bill Clemmons

Bill
Corporate Member

Looks like we have a full workshop. For those attending, I will send a PM the week before w/ directions to the shop, and any other last minute info.

Jeremy Scuteri

Jeremy

Most workshops have some number of cancellations as the event approaches, life has a way of getting in the way of our plans. If you are interested in this workshop, speak up since the waiting list is empty.

Willemjm

Willem
Corporate Member

I am interested in learning to do inlaid escutcheons, corner fans and stringing--that type of thing.

Charlie, although you can do the above with hard wood inlay, what you are looking for is more suited to the work that Matt Furjanic teaches. There is a link here and I attended one of his workshops at Bill's place which was great.

http://www.ncwoodworker.net/forums/showthread.php?t=49651&page=6

You are welcome though, just want to make sure you understand the difference between doing this with a scroll saw using 3/32" veneer and using the thinner veneers that Matt teaches.

Charlie Buchanan

Charlie
Corporate Member

Sorry I won't be able to attend the workshop so my place is open if you want to sign up.

Ralrick

New User
Rick

Please put me down as 1st on the waiting list in case anyone else cancels.

Rick

McRabbet

Rob
Corporate Member

I am planning to bring a scrollsaw, but it would be good for the workshop host to list a suite of tools and any materials that are needed for the workshop. We need some time to procure anything we don't have on hand. Thanks -- I am looking forward to seeing everyone on the 2nd.

Rob Payne

Jeremy Scuteri

Jeremy

I am planning to bring a scrollsaw, but it would be good for the workshop host to list a suite of tools and any materials that are needed for the workshop. We need some time to procure anything we don't have on hand. Thanks -- I am looking forward to seeing everyone on the 2nd.

Rob Payne

Willem,
Can you comment on this?

zapdafish

Steve
Corporate Member

I packed up my tools and put them into storage so I can put my house up for sale. It's a 10' x 30' and of course my scroll saw is at the very back. Will there be any spare scroll saws available for me to use?

Thanks

We need enough scroll saws only. I will bring the materials, scroll saw blades and everything else you need.

Bill Clemmons

Bill
Corporate Member

Good question Steve. For those planning on attending the workshop (see list below), how many of you plan on bringing a scroll saw? Does anyone have an extra scroll saw they could bring?

I have a very old Delta (from the 40's or 50's) that someone is welcome to use, but I wouldn't recommend it. If it's available, I could pick up the Outreach Trailer and that would give us two more saws.

Attendees (limit of 10):
1. ed (ednl) - paid
2. Danny (Danny Batchelor) - Paid
3. Matt (mpholway)
4. Steve (zapdafish) - Paid
5. Jesse (meredj) - Paid
6. Jeremy (Jeremy Scuteri) - Paid
7. Rob (McRabbet) - Paid
8. Rick Alrick (ralrick)
9. Mark (Mark Gottesman) - Paid
10. Chad (toolman) - Paid

McRabbet

Rob
Corporate Member

As I mentioned earlier in the thread, I am bringing my Hegner Multimate 18, but it is my only saw. Do we have a starting time for the workshop yet (I will be staying overnight at my daughter's home in Apex, so any time is fine -- I'll have a 45 minute commute versus a 4 hour drive).

Rob Payne

Bill Clemmons

Bill
Corporate Member

Rob, we typically start the workshops here at 10:00, unless there is a reason to start earlier. I'll be sending out directions and other instructions a few days before the workshop.

Jeremy Scuteri

Jeremy

I recently bought a rusty scroll saw on craigslist. It runs and I expect to have it cleaned up before the workshop.

Willemjm

Willem
Corporate Member

I will be bringing my scroll saw as well, which can be used for both instruction and a couple of users.

Important: Ideal blades for the inlay are 28 teeth per inch, these are fine tiny blades. I will bring enough blades for everyone, but they are with no pins and 5" length. If your saw uses a blade with pins or a 28TPI x 5" won't fit, please bring your own blades.

Also a question for Bill: Do we have a HDMI TV screen I can use for presentation? Not essential, but will help.

Bill Clemmons

Bill
Corporate Member

I will be bringing my scroll saw as well, which can be used for both instruction and a couple of users.

Important: Ideal blades for the inlay are 28 teeth per inch, these are fine tiny blades. I will bring enough blades for everyone, but they are with no pins and 5" length. If your saw uses a blade with pins or a 28TPI x 5" won't fit, please bring your own blades.

Also a question for Bill: Do we have a HDMI TV screen I can use for presentation? Not essential, but will help.

I do not have any type of A/V equipment in the shop (TV, stereo, CD, etc.). Does anyone have a HDMI TV they could bring?

toolman

New User
Chad

I will be bring my DeWalt Scroll Saw..

McRabbet

Rob
Corporate Member

I have an Epson digital projector that has both HDMI and PC inputs -- if Bill can provide a section of white wall, a sheet or a white board, this unit will project onto an 80" screen with ease. If needed, I can bring a portable projector screen as well. The projector also has a USB port and images on a USB memory stick can be projected as well (it uses an IR remote to allow selecting individual pictures or to run all of the pictures in a folder as a slide show). We use it for our meetings of the Western NC Woodworkers Association and it is one of the best things we every purchased.

I'd be happy to bring it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS