1/8" cut diam x 5/8+" deep router bit

Scott H

Scott
User
I'm looking for a router bit that cuts 1/8" diameter at least 5/8" deep and with a 1/4" or 1/2" shank. I'm wondering if that is too much to ask of carbide, though, because it seems like e.g. Whiteside does not make them. I have a pattern where I am trying to minimize the radius on the inside corners of the workpiece as much as possible, which is why I am wanting to use the 1/8".

All I can find so far is this bit on amazon from FivePears but I have never heard of FivePears and I am not really in the practice of buying router bits from unknown companies. (Happy to hear if anyone can vouch for them though.)

Other alternatives I'm considering are:
  • Get a 1/8" collet (probably for the DWP611) and use a CNC bit, but that seems like it could be more expensive than a bit I don't have much use for that setup otherwise. Also know nothing about CNC bits.
  • Get a 5/32" diameter bit, but that is going to (slightly) increase the corner radius it produces on the work.
  • Laminate the workpiece after routing, but then I have a new problem of getting the pieces registered exactly.
Thanks for your thoughts everyone.

Scott H

Scott
User
Thank you, was trying to look through their catalog but had trouble finding anything due to how it's organized. Dang, not cheap though, $36+. Will have to think about that one. Much appreciated though.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors