1/4” Staples

gator

George
Corporate Member
I’m looking for 1/4” crown staples with 1/4” or 3/8” legs for power stapler. Shortest I can find is 1/2” legs. Is that the shortest available or are their sources I haven’t found?

pop-pop

Man with many vises
Corporate Member

gator

George
Corporate Member
Thanks, but don’t really need 10000 and $33 a bit steep for this project. But it may be an option I have to consider .

JNCarr

Joe
Corporate Member
I have several hundred Arrow T-50 1/4" staples you are welcome to. I'll be at the RDU lunch on Friday or I live in Durham.

Dee2

Board of Directors, Vice President
Gene
Staff member
Corporate Member
I've got some I used to tack down some 1/4" plywood. Not sure how long they are. I can bring them to the picnic. These are from HF so if you are in a hurry, check them out.

gator

George
Corporate Member

gator

George
Corporate Member
I've got some I used to tack down some 1/4" plywood. Not sure how long they are. I can bring them to the picnic. These are from HF so if you are in a hurry, check them out.
HF’s shortest are1/2”

bob vaughan

Bob Vaughan
Senior User
Short staples in a standard stapler are problematic. If your stapler shoots up to 1-1/2" 18 gauge staples, then the short staples won't shoot well at all. There are specific tools made for the shorter staples such as the Senco J body series that are very popular in upholstery shops. That situation makes shooting short staples potentially that much more expensive, particularly if yours is a one-off project.

What's worse is that if you're searching eBay for a second hand stapler, knowing exactly what magazine in on the tool is key to a satisfactory purchase. The J body staplers have maybe 9 different magazine possibilities depending on whether it is a top load magazine or a bottom load magazine for 6 or 7 style short staples.

No cheap and simple solution.

Harbor freight has a stapler that shoots the T-50 staples but they specifically limit the leg shortness to 5/16" (IIRC). I've shot 1/4" in mine and the staple rocks over from time to time. I just keep a little pry bar handy.

j b copy.jpg

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS