1. J

Grizzly, 220 volt DC system $200

Currently on RDU CL, located in Clayton. Ad include phone #, so item probably won't last long.
  2. J

220 from 110

Latest issue of Woodsmith has an article that includes a device to run 220 machines on 110 recpts. Basically, it's two equal length 110 cord sets that feed a common 220 recpt. The cords are pluged into two different recpts. which are on different sides of windings of transformer. Thus the...
  3. Bas

Convert to 220? Thread closed

I closed the thread "Convert to 220" since the discussion was getting rather personal ("Don't get mad"..."You don't know what you're talking about"). People getting upset over electricity? Shocking! Also sent a PM to the people involved in the discussion. Link to thread ->...
  4. jamie

Convert to 220?

Hi All- I am finally getting around to add some outlets to my shop rather than relying on cord swapping. My 18" bandsaw and 1.5(?) HP Dust Collector are both pre-wired for 120v, but can be wired and run 220v. Is there any real reason/benefit to switch them? It is more work, and more cost...
  5. boxxmaker

220 Motor wire up question

I got my 1 1/2 hp 220 single faze motor in,but when I went to hook it up I found out it only has two black wires coming out of it.Its been a few yrs since I hooked up a 220 motor,but it seems that they all had three different colored wires ?????????So anyone know how to get this done????
  6. jamie

Electrician for a 220 line in the garage

Good morning all (well, right now it is, might be night when this is read :rotflm:) I find myself in need of a new 25amp 220 line in the garage. It is actually going to go about 2 feet to the right of my breaker box. While I could PROBABLY do this myself, I am a bit leary. How much should...
  7. eyekode

220 for the garage?

I am planning to run 220 to my garage and had a couple q's. I have half of a 2 car garage for my hobbies ~22x10. Right now it is woefully underpowered with a single 15amp circuit. I anticipate the need for 2 220v tools running at once. One is a dust collector and the other is a tool (table...
  8. Douglas Robinson

Question regarding Making 220 Volt Extension cord

I want to make a 200 Volt extension cord. I know what connectors I need. It will run from a 20 AMp outlet. What wire should I use? 10/3? 12/3? I know it needs a ground wire. Doug

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS